GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
I was out of it about 8 days ago for about 4 days, something was going around the area. Better the last 2 days. Haula probably got his kids in school or preschool or something and dragged something home
My kiddos daycare teachers have told me about 1/3rd of the kids have had a stomach bug that had them pooping and barfing randomly. That's a lot for this time of year. Jan/Feb is usually when you see a strain of something wreck classes that hard.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Let's give a chance for Haula to actually be there before we say Palat-Haula-Noesen will not work. :laugh:

Haula as the 3C should be perfectly fine. I'm not saying our center depth is great beyond the obvious top 2, but Haula brings plenty of the aspects that you want out of a 3C. One of the most productive combos he's been a part of over the past two seasons had been on a line with Palat and Boqvist, so I'm more than willing to give them a shot together with Noesen.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Let's give a chance for Haula to actually be there before we say Palat-Haula-Noesen will not work. :laugh:

Haula as the 3C should be perfectly fine. I'm not saying our center depth is great beyond the obvious top 2, but Haula brings plenty of the aspects that you want out of a 3C. One of the most productive combos he's been a part of over the past two seasons had been on a line with Palat and Boqvist, so I'm more than willing to give them a shot together with Noesen.
100%. Haula is a 0.5 PPG center, with Palat and Noesen that should be more than enough for a 3C.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
He's a 4th liner, so part of the fan base will turn on him eventually.:laugh:

MM was my favorite player, so you’re right, I do like my fourth line centers. I like Lazar but some might call his Devil career a “resurgence.” He has his limits. Meier-Lazar-Mercer had a little run last year but I’m not trying to see that again. Haula is out two days with??? I hope Hischier and Hughes play 75 games each.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I did not even know there was a person on this board that had even a sliver of a paint chip against Lazar. I presumed he was universally enjoyed across our fandom!
i was less than enthused about the trade at the time, but i’d definitely changed my tune. Very little to dislike about him and i can only imagine he’s a great influence on the youngsters.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The video package for the Gaudreaus was very well done. I do think the 13 seconds should have been 34 seconds, 13 + 21 for Matthew's number.

I like how the English soccer leagues changed from a moment of silence to a moment of applause where everyone just cheers really loudly. Also gets rid of the chance of idiots yelling stupid shit because they know that everyone can hear them.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Seems that he drives Luke crazy. He chirps Luke constantly and it is hilarious.
That time they were interviewing him and Luke comes up and he's like "Yeah they actually wanted to talk to someone other than the Hughes brothers imagine that" or something to that effect - I lost it. Luke looked like someone just kicked his puppy.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
First preseason gm. Not much to look into

But I like the added size on D

Love Tatar with Nico

This team may require some time to gel under the new coach. Hopefully the Euro trip really beings this group together.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Had it on in the background while battling an illness but was happy to see NJD hockey back.

- Caught a play were Tatar(?) passed it to Dougie in the slot and I was able to mutter, “sexy” before sneezing and coughing.
- Nico’s goal was a snipe but Bratt made that play happen.
- Goal on Daws was recent vintage boxed wine NJD goaltending.
- Apparently Pelech can do whatever he wants and not get called for a penalty on multiple occasions.
- Three ‘25 2nd round picks: one for Allen just in case he plays 40, one to possible use and one for a 3rd line center either late fall or at TDL? 🤔

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I'll say that, Dougie looked like Dougie, and that is a good thing.

From the eye test, it seemed like almost all his wrist shot attempts had a seeing eye path and found the goalie on net.

He didn't seem particularly slowly, but he had 1 typical Dougie moment that led to a rush back. I don't think I'm worried about him.

I'd like to see his slapper again - assuming he still has that post his surgery then I am not worried about his season play coming up.

came here to say this. I didn't see the full game, but good portions of it.

I was happy to see Hamilton back - and also thought it looked like nothing changed with him

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Had it on in the background while battling an illness but was happy to see NJD hockey back.

- Caught a play were Tatar(?) passed it to Dougie in the slot and I was able to mutter, “sexy” before sneezing and coughing.
- Nico’s goal was a snipe but Bratt made that play happen.
- Goal on Daws was recent vintage boxed wine NJD goaltending.
- Apparently Pelech can do whatever he wants and not get called for a penalty on multiple occasions.
- Three ‘25 2nd round picks: one for Allen just in case he plays 40, one to possible use and one for a 3rd line center either late fall or at TDL? 🤔
I'm guessing they'd prefer to keep two of those picks given that we don't have a 1st and have traded away quite a few picks recently. I would think at least one will be in play at the deadline.

Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I still think Palat is done...I hope he proves me wrong but I don't think he has it any longer.
i dont really care what palat does in the regular season this team should be fine and make the playoffs even if he sucks during the regular season. i do fully expect him to be a force come playoff time. if not then ship him off with a pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad