GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Didn't think the meat line was any good. Also dont why Spalding is talking up Cotter as having hands that he can move up the lineup. He has never been a scorer, even in AHL and juniors.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Congratulations on becoming an honorary Albertan.
I've been a HUGE fan of Bret Hart's probably since the late 80s. And Owen pretty early on. The list of guys who won the Intercontinental title before Owen ever won it is embarrassing.

I was always a complete mark for Bret Hart, and really couldn't stand any of the people that Bret couldn't stand even before I knew that Bret couldn't stand them. I did like Shawn Michaels as a performer. Bret never took anything away from him in the ring and always praised their matches.

I've been a huge hater of Hogan's since I was kid and before I even knew what was going on back there. Hated the Warrior (he's about as sketchy as Hogan and has been on record spewing some racist, homophobic hate speech out of wrestling character), loved Macho Man. I could listen to his promos all day long. Especially when he was blasting Hogan. Really can't stand Flair either. Lots of skeletons in his closet as well, though I didn't hate him as a performer.

I always preferred the smaller athletic guys to the big, and mostly blonde haired roid monsters. I'd rather watch Owen Hart and the Yokozuna (one of my favorite and more underrated tag teams) take on Shawn Michaels and Diesel or the Smoking Gunns than turn on Nitro and watch Hogan mowing down the WCW main card like it was WWF circa 1985 all over again. He got a little more interesting and worth watching when he joined the NWO and became Hollywood Hogan, I'll give him that. He still stayed glued to the title and completely FUBAR'd the ending to the match with Sting that had been built up for a year because I guess he couldn't lose to Sting cleanly lol.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not sure I'd pin the Isles first goal as a bad one on Markstrom. That was a pretty wild redirect from the center-circle. It is what it is. Markstrom made a few really strong saves on top of that. The goal on Daws though... yeah.
I thought he whiffed on that first goal he allowed. Or was that the second goal he allowed? I already forgot what goal it was lol. But there was one goal from him I didn't like. Dano thought it may have deflected, he also thought the one on Daws may have deflected.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
I thought he whiffed on that first goal he allowed. Or was that the second goal he allowed? I already forgot what goal it was lol. But there was one goal from him I didn't like. Dano thought it may have deflected, he also thought the one on Daws may have deflected.
You can def hear it went off the dman's stick.

Either way I would have wanted Daws a little taller and covering his posts better there.

you also said we'd love andreass. :naughty:

but seriously, it's always nice having you here.

i'm sure you're interested in how this keefe thing works out
Bro I apologized refusely for that lol.

Injuries really took him out.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Spaulding kind of implied that Pesce isnt really close lol

that is....concerning.
Re-watched Fitz’s presser today, didn’t seem like he was far away at all! We’ll see though, you never know. Thankfully the depth is way better.

Last edited:

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Big Van Vader is a Japanese wrestling and WCW icon. He was truly one of the great acrobatic big men. Vince Mcf***Ass did him a massive disservice in the late 90s when they 'brought him into' the WWF.
I had a lot more interest in watching Vader and then Mankind feuding with Shawn Michaels for the title on USA than watching Hogan (who already felt like an ancient dinosaur far past his prime by 1996) and Flair over on TNT.

I liked WCW a lot in the early 90s. Back when Flair had his only WWF run before they acquired WCW 10 years later. They had a lot of interesting things going on and guys like Vader and Ron Simmons (YES! That Ron Simmons!) holding their world title. Both guys were really brought in as borderline jobbers in the WWF. At least Vader was. Ron Simmons had some success as Faarooq, but I don't think he ever held a singles title in the company, did he? Was he ever IC or Euro champion? He may have been Hardcore champion, which was such a joke that it changed hands multiple times a night and was retired after not many years. Just the tag team with Bradshaw, several years after debuting.

Right around the same time they had tag team (with Pillman) TV and then US champion Stunning Steve Austin, before he became Stone Cold Steve Austin. And he was already one of the more interesting characters and talents they had. I'll never forget when he was squashed in 30 seconds by an already washed up Jim Duggan (another Hogan buddy) and that was basically the end of him there. He had a pretty long reign with the US title. Then he's squashed in 30 seconds by an older guy who just walked in the door because he was bro's with Hogan?

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I've been a HUGE fan of Bret Hart's probably since the late 80s. And Owen pretty early on. The list of guys who won the Intercontinental title before Owen ever won it is embarrassing.

I was always a complete mark for Bret Hart, and really couldn't stand any of the people that Bret couldn't stand even before I knew that Bret couldn't stand them. I did like Shawn Michaels as a performer. Bret never took anything away from him in the ring and always praised their matches.

I've been a huge hater of Hogan's since I was kid and before I even knew what was going on back there. Hated the Warrior (he's about as sketchy as Hogan and has been on record spewing some racist, homophobic hate speech out of wrestling character), loved Macho Man. I could listen to his promos all day long. Especially when he was blasting Hogan. Really can't stand Flair either. Lots of skeletons in his closet as well, though I didn't hate him as a performer.

I always preferred the smaller athletic guys to the big, and mostly blonde haired roid monsters. I'd rather watch Owen Hart and the Yokozuna (one of my favorite and more underrated tag teams) take on Shawn Michaels and Diesel or the Smoking Gunns than turn on Nitro and watch Hogan mowing down the WCW main card like it was WWF circa 1985 all over again. He got a little more interesting and worth watching when he joined the NWO and became Hollywood Hogan, I'll give him that. He still stayed glued to the title and completely FUBAR'd the ending to the match with Sting that had been built up for a year because I guess he couldn't lose to Sting cleanly lol.
I watched a lot of WWF when I was young, Bret Hart, Neidhart, Owen Hart and the British Bull dog were my favorites. Sadly a lot of them died pretty early. Brets matches were legendary always made the guy he was facing look good. Sadly when the attitude era hit my parents made it so I could watch.
Now in days I'm a fan of Rhea, KO, Zayn, Gunther, Reigns.

I wish Natalya got more of a push and wasn't a constant midcarder.

Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
If last year taught us anything, it was don’t read too much into the preseason results.

Nico’s line produced. Lazar’s line was effective. Markstrom looked solid in net.

Lots of new guys in the lineup with each other for the first time. Dougie’s first game in 10 months. All under a new coach.

Give the boys time.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
If last year taught us anything, it was don’t read too much into the preseason results.

Nico’s line produced. Lazar’s line was effective. Markstrom looked solid in net.

Lots of new guys in the lineup with each other for the first time. Dougie’s first game in 10 months. All under a new coach.

Give the boys time.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010

Give the boys time.
Dougie looked pretty good for someone who hasn't played in almost a year. Encouraging stuff!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad