GDT: Preseason Game 1: Islanders @ Devils - 7 P.M. - MSGSN2, MSGSN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Rachel does not look away.

giphy (4).gif

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Once you shop Schmeltzers you’ll go no where eltzer.
Am I totally out there for never even hearing of this player before tonight?

Now that I think about it, he's been in the organization for quite some time. He's 31, has played for the AHL Devils since before Jack Hughes was even drafted (18-19) and has played zero NHL regular season games.

I follow Utica so little that I'm not too familiar with this guy, but I'm sure I've seen him play preseason games in any of the last 7 preseasons that he's been here.

But seeing him tonight, I was really feeling stupid and trying to figure out if maybe he was a guy drafted 2 or 3 years ago who slipped my radar somehow and who I had just forgotten about.

Reactions: My3Sons and JK3

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do think they should have given us (and Buffalo) a European exhibition game against a team over there, like they normally do for teams who start the season in Europe. And how we did against Bern in Switzerland when we opened the season over there in 2018-2019.

BostonDevil

Jun 28, 2019
Gotta say that the, near silent, ESPN building with sky time lapse is the biggest improvement that we may see all year.

I couldn't take another year of that stupid song and highlight thing we used to get.

Reactions: Bleedred

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Need a goal from the new identity line. Or palat or something.

Going to preseason games is kinda some low stress hockey watching. Not used to this.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do like Erika and I was happy with her. I thought it was an unnecessary change.

But Rachel is very natural. Not amateurish in the slightest. She's done very well in this role and I'd have to think she has experience in a role like this on some kind of level. It doesn't seem like she's just making her TV debut tonight. She's not at all green.

And after finding her linkedin account after doing a google search, she's been the sports anchor for the local ABC affiliate in Fargo, North Dakota since December of 2022. And her resume has her in several roles for St. Cloud State as on-ice reporter for the college hockey program.

She's young, but it was easy to see she's been doing this for at least a little while.

Reactions: My3Sons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad