GDT: Preseason Game 04 - Winnipeg Jets @ Minnesota Wild - Friday, September 27th, 2024 - 7:00pm CDT - WinnipegJets.com - Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Not a popular opinion but he's not a centre short term or long. They need to play their 2nd line against calgary. And that's nemestikov at centre
I got to watch the game in replay on You Tube, well all but the first 10 minutes. And I wouldn't say that based off this one game. He had troubles on the draw, he had troubles in d-zone coverage, that definitely stood out, but Eriksson-Ek in particular is not an easy player to play against. The best player on his line was Iafallo. Perfetti looked rusty.

Take the L, but bounce back.

I'd keep Chibrikov and Yager for the last week, maybe 18 forwards, down to the wire. Yager looks poised, looked like a young Bryan Little on those draws. Other than the PP shorty he was pretty good positionally.

I don't think you really have to assess Shaw, Toninato, AJF, more than you already did. Torgersson didn't get to play in this game, and that's unfortunate, but he should probably be cut then.

Barlow is an obvious cut, but he didn't play terrible, made some offensive zone plays, and d-zone plays. His turnover in the d-zone though, was what separated a back and forth one goal game that was close until then.

Kupari losing d-zone draws to NHL centres didn't help his cause, just like Lambert's, but I think you bounce back with him too. You notice he didn't dangle anyone out there, because the talent level he played against was superior.

I think the defense is the part that worries me. Samberg looked soft out there. Miller got caught out of position on a couple of occasions. Fleury I'd say was passable, looked mobile at times. But those are the likely bottom 3, unless Lundmark does something special in Calgary.

I'd say that Salomonsson had a better game than Coghlan, and got some looks against Kaprizov's line, so I wonder if that carries him into the last week of camp...Kuzmin and Bauer are for sure going back to the Moose. Coghlan is likely too, unless he has some vet card to play.

That 2nd period was a forgettable one, Arniel might as well throw the video out.

Don't sleep on Minnesota though, I think Bill Guerin is building a pretty solid team...They have had more draft picks than the Jets in recent years, and more in the top 64 range too, got to see a few of those guys. That Khusnutdinov kid had a helluva a game on the PK. Ohgren came from the Fiala trade, along with Faber. Lambos looked pretty good out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I got to watch the game in replay on You Tube, well all but the first 10 minutes. And I wouldn't say that based off this one game. He had troubles on the draw, he had troubles in d-zone coverage, that definitely stood out, but Eriksson-Ek in particular is not an easy player to play against. The best player on his line was Iafallo. Perfetti looked rusty.

Take the L, but bounce back.

I'd keep Chibrikov and Yager for the last week, maybe 18 forwards, down to the wire. Yager looks poised, looked like a young Bryan Little on those draws. Other than the PP shorty he was pretty good positionally.

I don't think you really have to assess Shaw, Toninato, AJF, more than you already did. Torgersson didn't get to play in this game, and that's unfortunate, but he should probably be cut then.

Barlow is an obvious cut, but he didn't play terrible, made some offensive zone plays, and d-zone plays. His turnover in the d-zone though, was what separated a back and forth one goal game that was close until then.

Kupari losing d-zone draws to NHL centres didn't help his cause, just like Lambert's, but I think you bounce back with him too. You notice he didn't dangle anyone out there, because the talent level he played against was superior.

I think the defense is the part that worries me. Samberg looked soft out there. Miller got caught out of position on a couple of occasions. Fleury I'd say was passable, looked mobile at times. But those are the likely bottom 3, unless Lundmark does something special in Calgary.

I'd say that Salomonsson had a better game than Coghlan, and got some looks against Kaprizov's line, so I wonder if that carries him into the last week of camp...Kuzmin and Bauer are for sure going back to the Moose. Coghlan is likely too, unless he has some vet card to play.

That 2nd period was a forgettable one, Arniel might as well throw the video out.

Don't sleep on Minnesota though, I think Bill Guerin is building a pretty solid team...They have had more draft picks than the Jets in recent years, and more in the top 64 range too, got to see a few of those guys tonight. That Khusnutdinov kid had a helluva a game on the PK. Ohgren came from the Fiala trade, along with Faber. Lambos looked pretty good out there.

Could you post the YouTube link please.

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I would be concerned about our D, whatever you may think of Stanley or Heinola one of them was going to be our 6th and I'm not sure we have a capable 6th out of this bunch atm
Well at least the tradition of shitting on our depth defensemen will remain strong!

Where would we be without our Stan's, Ellerbys, Chiarots and Postmas?

Jet

Chibby!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I like him but man, he needs more speed. I see him currently projecting as a middle 6 with power play time. If he improves his skating and adds speed, sky could be the limit.

every game I’ve watched including Penticton, Chibi has been one of the best players. Love his game, he’s ALWAYS around it, an absolute pest and is something we sorely lack.

While I don’t think it happens, I’d move AI and his 4M cap hit to make room for him. I think he’s been THAT good.
I keep pumping up Chibi - I think he has a good shot of becoming a regular this year. He has such a pro game, the skills and he's tenacious.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well at least the tradition of shitting on our depth defensemen will remain strong!

Where would we be without our Stan's, Ellerbys, Chiarots and Postmas?
I think the biggest positive in this game was Salomonsson's play. He didn't look out of place. His reads were a lot better. Defensively stronger for the most part, I think there was one play where Barron bailed him out, but I'd take that as a positive step forward.
I keep pumping up Chibi - I think he has a good shot of becoming a regular this year. He has such a pro game, the skills and he's tenacious.
I agree that he has a good chance of making the NHL this year. Wouldn't mind seeing him sticking around to start the season. 14th forward is probably Chibrikov vs JAD after Lambert had a bit of a setback game. But unless Miller gets dropped from the PP, I don't see where he would contribute immediately. Iafallo, Appleton and Barron didn't do anything negative to get bumped from the lineup. If Kupari isn't the 4C, Gustafsson probably is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad