GDT: Preseason Game 03 - Calgary Flames @ Winnipeg Jets - Wednesday, September 27th, 2023 - 7:00pm CDT - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Seems to me all the players still battling for one of the few roster spots are in tonight.

Heinola, Chisholm, Stanley and Capo are all in on D.

Toninato, Harkins, Viel are in upfront.

Should be interesting to see how those battles shake out.

I also agree that Stanley is being sent a message here with Chisholm getting the spot above him on the pecking order with Capo. Maybe, just maybe the org has had enough and are open to move on.

Reactions: thereturn

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Sounds like roughing and a game misconduct, although box scores seem kinda spotty
Looks like he was serving a 10 min (along with 2 minors) and they got the game (another 10).

MacKenzie Weegar was in the box serving a unsportsmanlike-conduct roughing minor and a 10-minute misconduct, which was later changed to a game misconduct, ending his night.

Reactions: snowkiddin

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I had a real hard time giving my tickets away for tonight as I have other obligation.
turns out my share partner buddy is just gonna take his little boys.

I‘d love to see the Jets squash another Alberta victim tonight.:)

1695835825287.gif

GO JETS GO!
enjoy the nice weather today!

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wow, Bones seems pretty frustrated with the Ehlers injury. Apparently still not good enough to practice with the group and won't play Friday either.

Reactions: hn777

None

Feb 22, 2012
Wow, Bones seems pretty frustrated with the Ehlers injury. Apparently still not good enough to practice with the group and won't play Friday either.

Hopefully nothing serious. Even last year with the sports hernia it was day to day until it wasn't.

I can't really think of a soft tissue neck injury that would potentially escalate like that though.

Reactions: hockeyarena

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hopefully nothing serious. Even last year with the sports hernia it was day to day until it wasn't.

I can't really think of a soft tissue neck injury that would potentially escalate like that though.

Yeah, it's pretty odd. Hopefully he can get into one or both of the last two preseason games.

Reactions: hn777 and None

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Seems to me all the players still battling for one of the few roster spots are in tonight.

I also agree that Stanley is being sent a message here with Chisholm getting the spot above him on the pecking order with Capo. Maybe, just maybe the org has had enough and are open to move on.
My monies on viel. He is going to light up Hartman 1st time jets play minny too.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

May I see, please, your bottom of the roster projections? Let’s say bottom six + 13F and 7/8 D.

I did a roster and lineup projection for fun last night but it’s on my other phone and I’ll have to share it after work today.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
May I see, please, your bottom of the roster projections? Let’s say bottom six + 13F and 7/8 D.

I did a roster and lineup projection for fun last night but it’s on my other phone and I’ll have to share it after work today.

I'm not sure who gets the 13th spot, likely Gus.

As for D I think it should be Capo and Chisholm but will likely be Capo/Tree.

My bottom 6 would be:

Iafallo Lowry Namestnikov
Barron Kupari Appelton

AtomicJets

Dec 20, 2014
I think 13th F is between Gus and Viel. The Jets know Harkins and Toninato will make it through waivers and Axel probably will too. None of the three have stood out at this point, though they still have time. Their road to a spot is steep uphill at this point though.

And realistically we rarely make it through camp without a forward injury so we probably end up having room for both Gus and Viel. Both serve a unique purpose, Gus can play both wing and C somewhat competently, and kill penalties, while Viel adds some grit that could be needed or not on a game by game basis.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Staring is okay, chasing is not.

I don't know, I nearly got run over once because someone thought I was staring at their butt :laugh:

(I was going through a difficult time, and got lost in a train of thought of worry, so I guess I didn't realize where my line of sight was directed at)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Given Bones's comments and Name moving up, I wonder if Dly might be in jeopardy of missing the opening of the season.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Given Bones's comments and Name moving up, I wonder if Dly might be in jeopardy of missing the opening of the season.

At least when it was Malott you could say he was obviously a placeholder, Namestnikov moving up is definitely eyebrow raising.

Reactions: surixon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad