GDT: Preseason #4 | Flyers at Bruins | Saturday, September 28, 2024 | 7:00 PM | NHLN, NBCSP+

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Does Bonk have any plus skills?

Don’t disrespect the bumper.

We are lucky to finally have someone of Michkov's caliber. It had been a long time since I have been legitimately excited about a Flyers prospect.

It’s mostly been IQ + short area + boards plays this preseason. The dangles and shot really haven’t been weaponized yet. But he’s pretty unique for someone of his caliber in he’s less of a rush solo weapon. The rest just consistently adds up. Which is why I enjoy Frost with him.

I’ll be curious to see his Edge data.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Don’t disrespect the bumper.

It’s mostly been IQ + short area + boards plays this preseason. The dangles and shot really haven’t been weaponized yet. But he’s pretty unique for someone of his caliber in he’s less of a rush solo weapon. The rest just consistently adds up. Which is why I enjoy Frost with him.

I’ll be curious to see his Edge data.
I definitely have liked Michkov with Frost more than this limited sample with Couts. Frost and Michkov think the game similarly, so they actually go to spots on the ice to benefit each other.

Richard really is having a positive game.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
MM in the power play is awesome. Going to keep Rocky’s job. Knew there was something wrong with him

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I have that pots and pans set from the one commercial, it's a badass pots and pains set but don't run it through the dishwasher .

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
I admittedly haven't watched a second of preseason beyond the occasional clip that pops up on my social media timelines. I like seeing Coots stick up for Mich but I also don't like seeing him mix it up with a player like that. Billy Sweezey is a grade-A dirty dog AHL assclown.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
What are thoughts on McDonald? His skating seems much better than I was led to believe.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Can someone explain to me what would it mean if 17 makes the club?

I hope so

I know he was just drafted.
It's pretty unlikely, though he's clearly impressing the guys who will make that decision.

To make the team, he'll keep a guy like Brink, Cates, or Poehling out of the lineup.

Just an example:

Foerster-Couts-TK
Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Farabee-Luchanko-Brink
Laughton-Poehling-Hathaway

Scratches: Cates, Deslauriers

I have enjoyed the chemistry Farabee, Brink and Luchanko have, though.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It's pretty unlikely, though he's clearly impressing the guys who will make that decision.

To make the team, he'll keep a guy like Brink, Cates, or Poehling out of the lineup.

Just an example:

Foerster-Couts-TK
Tippett-Frost-Michkov
Farabee-Luchanko-Brink
Laughton-Poehling-Hathaway

Scratches: Cates, Deslauriers

I have enjoyed the chemistry Farabee, Brink and Luchanko have, though.

So who would you want

17 or 27 ?

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017

1727573413684.gif

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Risto being the one to pull the trigger on that extended possession may have killed poor @CanadianFlyer88

It’s like slipping into a comfortable old Hakstol.
I don't know if you've been watching, but Tippett destroys all offensive possession Frost and Michkov create.

Dumb, low percentage shots will be the reason for my aneurysm in 24/25.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If I never have to see the Flyers PP do that moronic slow motion designed wrist shot from the top of the circles, I’ll be slightly less unhappy.

Like I said, it’s good Michkov doesn’t understand the coaches because he actually uses dangerous areas and down low and the bumper (which the Flyers have neglected for years). It’s not getting stuck.

I don't know if you've been watching, but Tippett destroys all offensive possession Frost and Michkov create.

*Owen Tippett has entered PP*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad