Preferred Draft Targets For Your Team

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
As a board, the Devils forum seems heavily against Sennecke.

Lot of people want MBN and we have some Helenius guys as well. Don't see many who have been vocal about guys like Iginla.

Obviously everyone would be happy if one of the guys projected to go earlier (Dickinson, Buium, etc) fell to the devils.
i would mention eiserman above sennecke.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
For the Habs... Lots of options. I'd have to go by tiers.

Would love: Demidov, Iginla
Would like: Lindstrom, Levshunov, Dickinson
Would accept: Catton, Buuim, Silayev, Sennecke
Don't want: Parekh, Yakemchuk, Eiserman, Helenius

Looks like I'll be happy no matter what.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
For the Penguins I’m looking for a guy that plays hard. A middle of the lineup type forward that can add some skill and energy. The Penguins have a great opportunity at 44. I’m not looking for super boom-bust type players.

My preferred players to target at 44:
Nikita Artamonov
Luke Misa
Teddy Stigia

At 46 I’m hoping the Penguins take a swing at some high upside guys.

My preferred players at 46:
Miguel Marques
Alfons Freij
Alexander Zetterberg
John Mustard

At 111, I just want the Pens to take the best player they feel is available. You never know who could fall.

Potential targets at 111
Mac Swanson
Max Plante
Herman Traff
Christian Humphries
Tanner Adams

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
As a board, the Devils forum seems heavily against Sennecke.

Lot of people want MBN and we have some Helenius guys as well. Don't see many who have been vocal about guys like Iginla.

Obviously everyone would be happy if one of the guys projected to go earlier (Dickinson, Buium, etc) fell to the devils.
According to the Devils forum, I would add Parekh and Eiserman to the do not draft list.

I think Sennecke would be fine pick for the Devils. However, I hope Buium, Dickinson or Silayev falls for them. It's unlikely, but you never know.

PittsburghHustlers

Jan 9, 2017
Stockholm
Would love it if the Pens were able to grab Stiga and Hutson with their two second rounders. If all the high upside potential first rounders are gone guys like Justin Poirier or Jesse Pulkkinen would be fun (but probably reaches).

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I'd like to see CBJ trading back from #4 and get more 1st round picks, an established NHL player and/or high-end prospect. I like Pulkkinen, Jiricek and Miettinen as mid to late round targets, there are other intriguing options too that I'm not going to name here.

If that's not happening then I'd prefer drafting either Buium or Demidov, in that order.

If both are gone by pick #4 and there's no trade, I will have a huge existential crisis which will probably solve itself after I've taken an hour long walk in the park. Then I hopefully will be ready to go back online to tell everyone how cautiously excited I feel about the player we drafted at 4.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
My Habs Board......assuming Macklin is the one sure thing to be gone.

1. Demidov
2. Lindstrom
3. Levshunov
4. Dickinson
5. Silyayev
6. Iginla

For the 26th pick (in order of who I want...some will need to fall)

Luchanko - not likely
Greentree - not likely
Surin
Chernyshov
Boisvert
Hage
Beaudoin

Reactions: SI90

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hoping Chernyshov falls to the Avs due to a little Russian factor…otherwise can’t see him making it there.

Hemming would be another winger with a big frame and good skating wouldn’t mind…seems to be falling in lists and while I don’t usually like “fallers”, Hemming just feels like a kid who needs some development runway.

Basically I want a big winger with skating who has a multi-pronged path to the NHL. If the tools pop off, you have a powerful scoring winger and if they don’t quite top out - their is still potentially a big, two-way complimentary forward in there.

If the Avs go defense - same thoughts which is why I love Emery but my wild card is Brunicke. He’s still only 62 on Bob’s final list but he came from completely unranked so I feel this is underselling the current vibes around him. 24 to the Avs would be seen as a reach - but I don’t think it would be. I just think you are looking at a kid who is really just starting to break out and physically, has tons of potential strength to add to an impressive, late-blooming frame.

So for the Avs at 24, realistically - looking for size/frame and strong skating:
- Chernyshov and Hemming up front
- Emery and Brunicke on the blueline

Last edited:
Reactions: Blueston

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I can talk myself into just about any choice Columbus makes at fourth, although my own preferences fall more into tiers than rankings:

My "don't bother paying attention to them, not going to make it to us" list: Celebrini, Levshunov
My "obviously this is my preference but I doubt he falls to four:" Demidov
My "Totally fine with this player" list in no particular order: Sennecke, Buium, Iginla, Silayev, Lindstrom
My "Not at all/Not at 4OA" list in no particular order: Dickinson, Yakemchuk, Parekh, Helenius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad