GDT: 2024 NHL Draft - (1st Round - 6/28 at 7PM ET and Remainder of Draft - 6/29 at 11:30AM ET)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
They wont make that pick though. No way in hell.

He's going to use it to trade for a roster piece when they feel they are closer to being a playoff team.

Its sick, but I'd bet good money that's the thinking.
I don't think they're going to be in the stratosphere of playoffs the next two years. He probably wants more ammo for a move up since he didn't have enough this year.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012
Ah yeah such a good record at assessing draft depth. Reeks of Flahr again.

As I've been saying for many years now, nothing will change because they have changed nothing. They have to fire everyone.
Tired of this narrative. It comes from a Briere PC and the idiotic Flyer scouts.

This draft is weaker at the top with good depth, ask Apple. And excellent D prospects in first round, better than most.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
It's kind of like "Hey lend me $100 today, and I'll pay you back in 2 years. Maybe I'll even pay you back $105 for your troubles."

Would you take that deal? You shouldn't.
i don't think it's like that at all, especially when your hypothetical situation would more equate to "i'll pay you back anywhere from $100 to $200"

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
i don't think it's like that at all, especially when your hypothetical situation would more equate to "i'll pay you back anywhere from $100 to $200"

How many times would you like to do this exact deal? I will have a contract delivered to your door tomorrow.

$100 today for $100-200 in 365 days. As many times as you want.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
I don't think they're going to be in the stratosphere of playoffs the next two years. He probably wants more ammo for a move up since he didn't have enough this year.

It doesn't matter even if he wants to move up.

They have shown constant that the talent they target, be is pro or amateur is generally faulty. I've long bitched about Claude being the last real elite guy they found in '06.

They somehow lucked into Matvei, but good decisions are not the norm for this team.

They dont know talent, pure - and simple. I need to find my old hit list of every member of the various departments that has been in place for years even with GM turnover.

You can bet your ass if he managed to trade with Columbus tonight it would have been broken back Lindstrom, and not Demidov they selected.

It's hopeless, even if Michkov gave me some temporarily. This f***ing sucks.

Reactions: Tripod and sauce88

sauce88

Jul 6, 2011
It doesn't matter even if he wants to move up.

They have shown constant that the talent they target, be is pro or amateur is generally faulty. I've long bitched about Claude being the last real elite guy they found in '06.

They somehow lucked into Matvei, but good decisions are not the norm for this team.

They dont know talent, pure - and simple. I need to find my old hit list of every member of the various departments that has been in place for years even with GM turnover.

You can bet your ass if he managed to trade with Columbus tonight it would have been broken back Lindstrom, and not Demidov they selected.

It's hopeless, even if Michkov gave me some temporarily. This f***ing sucks.
I agree it sucks, I was just saying what I thought he was going to use the pick for. I think he won't have the opportunity to buy at the deadline because they'll be so bad.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Ah yeah such a good record at assessing draft depth. Reeks of Flahr again.

As I've been saying for many years now, nothing will change because they have changed nothing. They have to fire everyone.

Brent Flahr who has built his draft rep based on...

Only drafting one star player in FIFTEEN years of being in charge of NHL drafts. (albeit Michkov will be #2)
3 years with Ducks as a scout where they drafted 1 legit NHL player and it was not from his area.
6 years with Florida as a scout where they missed on 5/7 first rounders and EVERY one of the 16 players they drafted from his area bar Jay Bouwmeester failed to become NHLers!

And that one star was Kaprizov who should have gone first freaking round without hindsight and they passed on for Ales Stezka (yeh, who?) and could have missed on as a result.

Like... where does this "reputation" come from.

Florida sucked in the draft when he was with them. Anaheim sucked in the draft when he was with them. Minnesota were bang average in the draft when he was with them...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad