Preferred build of a top 6 - Based off their Cap-hit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Top 6 build based on players Cap-hit

• $13 mil - $12 mil - $11 mil - $3 mil - $3 mil - $3 mil

Votes: 47 44.3%
  • 6 players all making $7.5 mil

Votes: 59 55.7%

• Total voters

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Okay.....assuming each player plays to their cap hit values....not above it and not below it.......how would you like your team to be built???

Both options above equal having $45 million spent on your top 6.

Do you want a first line, very heavy.....or completely even set of a top 6?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
If the top 6 equates to the exact same cap collectively, I’d want the top 6 that was better and more productive collectively.

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
Second one, having essentially two first lines of moderate quality is better than just one awesome line.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Second one, got to go with a balanced team, we already know option one doesn’t work.

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Leafs vs Habs or so it seems
shhh-shush.gif

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I voted for my team because I like my team. Leafs fans are voting for their team because they like their team. Neither one means they are right, the first one is wrong though.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If the first team’s players are living up to those deals, there’s zero reason to play them on the top line together. Likely two play on line one and one runs line two. That would still give you a much better first line than team two and probably not much worse of a second line than team two. The reality is that stars are more valuable than non-stars and the current salary cap allocations have stars players underpaid relative to mid-level players. The 13 million types like MacKinnon/McDavid/Matthews are usually worth more than twice as much as the average 7.5 million dolllar player. Also, as mentioned previously, the high dollar players would be more valuable for the PP.

Also, people keep bringing up the Leafs but that’s a bad comparison because A) Tavares hasn’t been close to living up to his contract since his first season with the Leafs and B) Matthews and Marner haven’t been living up to their deals in the playoffs regularly.

This is easily the first team and I think people are too focused on Leafs and the fact that a lot of players are playing over their smaller deals currently. But a 7.5 million deal is getting someone like Elias Lindholm in today’s market. You’re not going anywhere with those guys as your best players.

Last edited:

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
If the first team’s players are living up to those deals, there’s zero reason to play them on the top line together. Likely two play on line one and one runs line two. That would still give you a much better first line than team two and probably not much worse of a second line than team two. The reality is that stars are more valuable than non-stars and the current salary cap allocations have stars players underpaid relative to mid-level players. The 13 million types like MacKinnon/McDavid/Matthews are usually worth more than twice as much as the average 7.5 million dolllar player. Also, as mentioned previously, the high dollar players would be more valuable for the PP.

Also, people keep bringing up the Leafs but that’s a bad comparison because A) Tavares hasn’t been close to living up to his contract since his first season with the Leafs and B) Matthews and Marner haven’t been living up to their deals in the playoffs regularly.

This is easily the first team and I think people are too focused on Leafs and the fact that a lot of players are playing over their smaller deals currently. But a 7.5 million deal is getting someone like Elias Lindholm in today’s market. You’re not going anywhere with those guys as your best players.
what happens when you compare it with the Devils top 6 contracts?:hyper:

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
what happens when you compare it with the Devils top 6 contracts?:hyper:

Yea I think this is where it’s a tough concept without real players/contracts. Someone like Hughes is worth near the top of team 1s contracts but is making team 2 money. And Bratt and Hischier are also quite underpaid. You get those guys plus another similar 3 and it’s easily team 2. But I don’t think those are the quality of player you’re getting in this example.

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
Kind of hard to answer without a more precise definition of the caliber of forward we’re talking about. Can we get some examples of who you value as a $3M player?

Is McDavid excluded from this if we consider him to be worth more than 13M?

Neither of these is likely to win a Cup.
I think this is probably the right answer

Reactions: DaveG

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Second one, having essentially two first lines of moderate quality is better than just one awesome line.
2,5m player"Drouin"- MacKinnon 13m - 3 m player "Duchene"

3m player "Skinner" - 12m player "Barkov" - 11m player "Rantanen"

Adding some more value to these superstars contracts because they're currently underpaid and filling the spots with random UFA 3m players, I have hard time finding else than 2 awesome lines.

7,5m lines could be like

Stamkos - Lindholm -Toffoli
Debrincat- Kadri- Terry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad