Speculation: Predict your team's Waiver Wire Dmen this camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Which Dmen will you team try to sneak thru waivers this camp?
Will your team keep 7 or 8 D on the 23 man opening day roster?
Who are the Dmen you think may need to get exposed this camp?

Purpose: To see what the waiver market will look like for Dmen this fall.

i.e. Canucks.

NHL: Edler, Tanev, Gudbranson, Sbisa, Tryamkin, Hutton, Larsen, Pedan, Biega... Juolevi
AHL: Waiver eligible players are Chad Billins, Tom Nilsson.

We have 9 contracted with Juolevi as the 10th. We will likely carry 8 into the season.
Of the 9 above listed.. only Tryamkin is waiver exempt.
The catch: Tryamkin, Larsen both have KHL out clauses if they get sent to down... so virtual locks barring disastrous camps.

Which means: likely one of Pedan (23) or Biega(28) gets waived.

Canuck prediction: Billins, Nilsson, Biega will hit the waiver wire.

What's the situation looking like with your teams' dmen?

Waiver exempt players clearly maked with the green arrows on capfriendly for anyone curious about their teams.. "
w_e.svg
"

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
MacDonald will likely be sent down again. Manning may, but he is more likely going to stick simply because we purposely signed him to meet expansion draft requirements. I don't think the organization would be heartbroken to lose him on waivers, but I think two of the rookies would really have to impress for it to happen.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
As mentioned, Corrado. If not him then Carrick, but I really imagine it'll be Corrado.

Penguins have Schultz and Pouliot* playing for 7th and then Percy, Ruhwedel, Oleksy, Gaunce, Erixon, Warsofsky, and McNeill needing waivers.

*Pouliot is waiver exempt, but likely to bump down all the other waiver eligible players.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised to see Derek Forbort for the Kings, unfortunately.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I thought maybe Ryan Sproul for Detroit, But seeing that both Kronwall and Ericsson are hurting i could see Holland go with 8 D-men instead of 7 to start the season. Maybe go with 13 Forwards 8 Defenseman 2 Goaltenders would be my guess with Ouellet and Sproul being added to the D.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Habs : One of Redmond, Barberio or Pateryn.
Probably Redmond.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Viktor Svedberg
Cam Schilling

Rozsival will probably be waived at some point, but they may wait until he hits his 40/70 threshold. Forsling may force their hand, though.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Prosser or Folin if Waiver exempt Reilly makes the team. I suspect Reilly will start in the AHL however, and they will rotate as 6th/7th D.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Any of the possible waiver guys look like they have potential to be a top 4 defenseman in a couple years, just not the near future?

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
we have drew McNabb Martinez muzzin making the team for sure Gilbert trotman gravel forbort greene scuderi trying for 3 spots It will most likely imo come down to forbort and Trotman for 7th defenseman.Greene and Scuderi will be waiver fodder

Yeah it would suck to lose d man like him for nothing to waivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad