Predict the Semis

Who will win in the Semis?... (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Sweden may not feel as much pressure as in QF, but they are still clear favourites and on paper better team. The Czechs already have the main goal accomplished, so far far less pressure than QF, the home crowd is just a plus. For CZ fans any medal is a huge success.

Both teams are pretty happy with making it past the QF i think. If Sweden hadn’t made it this year it could have turned into a ghost. I hope they will feel they won’t disappoint the whole nation with a loss by now and just play like they did in the round robin.

You’re probably right about the Czechs sees a medal as a success. Still historically they are a powerhouse in this tournament and should go for gold when they have a golden opportunity.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sweden may not feel as much pressure as in QF, but they are still clear favourites and on paper better team. The Czechs already have the main goal accomplished, so far far less pressure than QF, the home crowd is just a plus. For CZ fans any medal is a huge success.
THIS... quarters are our Cup. We are just happy to be here amongst 3 great teams after defeating another great team. We are clearly the 4th seed and that is totally fair! No Czech considers us a favorite and I actually think they will be loose. We will see though.

Plus, Pasta is dying to play the Swedes.lol

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
THIS... quarters are our Cup. We are just happy to be here amongst 3 great teams after defeating another great team. We are clearly the 4th seed and that is totally fair! No Czech considers us a favorite and I actually think they will be loose. We will see though.

Plus, Pasta is dying to play the Swedes.lol

Re bolded… We are brothers, you Czechs and us Swiss!

Reactions: Czechboy

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
My prediction is Canada - Sweden final.

Would also not be shocked with a Sweden - Switzerland final like 2018. Or Czechia - Canada/Switzerland.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I was 1 for 4 in the quarters but I am continuing with my madness.. voted for Swiss vs Czechs in the final no one saw coming.lol

Obviously all signs lead to Canada vs Sweden in an absolute epic final. They both deserve it but I said what I said.lol
Great. Now you have done it. We definitely lose to Sweden now. You are always negative about Czech prospects and on the rare occasion you say we'll win, things turn against us (eg U20 final). You have much cosmic power and thus responsibility. You should have predicted Sweden winning 6-1, then we would have had a chance. Now I am not sure I should even watch it.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
It's nice not to need to be so nervous - though this is better not to become a habit! :) I will cheer for the Czechs, it would be a high time to see them in the gmg. And of course supporting anyone who is playing against Canada, the Evil Machine:DD

Stalhandske

Feb 5, 2023
Can you stop posting anti finland comments all the time? You are making us swedes look bad. Yes, we had more puck and shots becuse Finland let us. It was their gameplan. The last 5 min in 3rd period Finland was toying with us. In hindsight Jalonen picked the wrong tactic they should have played more offensive as they did last 5 min then they would have won.
Ironic, posted the most cringe Sweden homer on the board with your "i'm gonna pretend Sweden is bad so Sweden get's praise!", just stop.

Reactions: Brunkmeister

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
I'm shocked so many people think Canada will lose. :eek3:
The fact is that we (Switzerland) have their number for some years.

We are not a big hockey nation like Canada, Sweden or Russia. But we managed, through a very good local league, that generated a lot of things like our young guys going to NA in the junior leagues, to rise our level. And players going to play in NA. And since we have a good league, with good salaries, when our players are in NA ,it is for a good place ... not AHL contracts.

We are a bit like Americans in a smaller version.

This year is the first time we won the European Championship surprisingly beating the SWedish teams.

Many of our NHL are in our team now. Some were even benched in the QF in favor of Swiss league players.

The game lost to Canada 3-2 ... remove the 5 minutes of FIala and you have another game.

We will see ... i look forward for a tough fought game ... and hope for a WIN :)

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Great. Now you have done it. We definitely lose to Sweden now. You are always negative about Czech prospects and on the rare occasion you say we'll win, things turn against us (eg U20 final). You have much cosmic power and thus responsibility. You should have predicted Sweden winning 6-1, then we would have had a chance. Now I am not sure I should even watch it.
That's true.. I was really high on our U18.. lost to Kazakhistan. I was low on this team and they have yet to lose in regulation.

So you're right. f*** the Extraliga, f*** Hadamczak and f*** Rulik and his clown team. We deserve to lose. Fire the coach, fire everyone.

Sweden 10 - Czechs 0. WTF is a 'Beranek'. Clowns.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
That's true.. I was really high on our U18.. lost to Kazakhistan. I was low on this team and they have yet to lose in regulation.

So you're right. f*** the Extraliga, f*** Hadamczak and f*** Rulik and his clown team. We deserve to lose. Fire the coach, fire everyone.

That’s better. Now we have a fighting chance.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

You seem a little angry this morning... :(

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
All in for Czechia-Switzerland final that'd be beautiful!

Sweden is a paper tiger they barely won a Liiga team.

Canada has a great routine but Switzerland has better stars. Feels weird to say that, good for them! This 1st unit is buzzing
2/2, while predicting two underdogs. Was easy to see these results tho

Reactions: Pieck

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
My prediction is a Canada vs Sweden final. I'm cool with Canada winning this thing again, but a piece of me would really like to see a Czechia (still sounds weird) vs Switzerland final for a few reason...

1) Switzerland has never won, and after some close calls in recent years it would be nice to see them finally get over the hump.
2) The Czechs are in the middle of their own dry spell, so it would be nice to see them win gold on home ice. Especially so with the enthusiasm and support the fans have given the tournament.
3) I get the obvious flaws with the IIHF WCs, but I would still find it mildly amusing if the current World gold and silver medalists aren't involved in the NHL(PA)'s latest half baked attempt at a international tournament next winter.

So I guess in conclusion, I'm cool with anyone except Sweden winning, f*** those guys. :sarcasm:

Whelp, looks like the upcoming "4 Nations" is officially a tournament to determine the world's third best hockey nation.:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad