Predict the Semis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will win in the Semis?... (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reds4Life

Dec 24, 2007
Canada easy win over Switzerland.

I think Sweden will beat us but it should be a close game.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
The tournament is plenty long as it is. Not sure adding a day will make things better.
Sure and adding one more day won't make it worse. At least the semis are a little earlier in the day, but it's worse for the teams playing in the bronze medal game. Less than 18 hours between the end of the semi and the beginning of the bronze medal game.

FIFA does it right. The bronze medal game is the day before the gold medal game.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sure and adding one more day won't make it worse. At least the semis are a little earlier in the day, but it's worse for the teams playing in the bronze medal game. Less than 18 hours between the end of the semi and the beginning of the bronze medal game.

FIFA does it right. The bronze medal game is the day before the gold medal game.
Fair enough. :)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wow you were dominated by a paper tiger for 60 minutes. You must suck.
Can you stop posting anti finland comments all the time? You are making us swedes look bad. Yes, we had more puck and shots becuse Finland let us. It was their gameplan. The last 5 min in 3rd period Finland was toying with us. In hindsight Jalonen picked the wrong tactic they should have played more offensive as they did last 5 min then they would have won.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Canada
Sweden

Canada wins a very close one and the Swedes get through with their superior special teams.

Our PP sucks and Czechia's is great actually.

1716501544940.png

Our PKs are the reverse though.

1716501591288.png

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
Can you stop posting anti finland comments all the time? You are making us swedes look bad. Yes, we had more puck and shots becuse Finland let us. It was their gameplan. The last 5 min in 3rd period Finland was toying with us. In hindsight Jalonen picked the wrong tactic they should have played more offensive as they did last 5 min then they would have won.
so anti-swedish comments is allowed?

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006

It's not a huge sample size, but each of the last four tournaments, the semifinal winner in the second game lost the gold medal game.

• Haha
Reactions: ORRFForever

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
Czechia vs Sweden = Czechia throws Sweden off their game with very physical play. Radko Gudas spends the whole game riding around on some poor Swedes' back, scores winning goal from that back.
Canada vs Switzerland = Canada edges the Swiss in a close game.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Wow you were dominated by a paper tiger for 60 minutes. You must suck.
Absolutely dominant 1-1 game after 60mins.

And oh, as I said, they were supposed to lose. The team really sucked, even 2019 roster was much better. That's why I called Sweden a paper tiger. This game shouldn't have been a OT coin-flip looking at the rosters.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Well you said it. Finland sucked hard. You lost to a paper tiger which means you sucked really hard.
Pretty much what I'm saying, but this thread is about semis. Shouldn't we focus on the team that made it, this isn't about Finland? I'd be worried If roles were reversed and Finland's almost best team would struggle against SHL players but you do you.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
My prediction is a Canada vs Sweden final. I'm cool with Canada winning this thing again, but a piece of me would really like to see a Czechia (still sounds weird) vs Switzerland final for a few reason...

1) Switzerland has never won, and after some close calls in recent years it would be nice to see them finally get over the hump.
2) The Czechs are in the middle of their own dry spell, so it would be nice to see them win gold on home ice. Especially so with the enthusiasm and support the fans have given the tournament.
3) I get the obvious flaws with the IIHF WCs, but I would still find it mildly amusing if the current World gold and silver medalists aren't involved in the NHL(PA)'s latest half baked attempt at a international tournament next winter.

So I guess in conclusion, I'm cool with anyone except Sweden winning, f*** those guys. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Reactions: ORRFForever

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
f***ing Jalonen, almost everything went his way except the score. Goddamn genious will love him forever despite being a swede. Hope an SHL team hires him.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechia (still sounds weird)
I can assure you, no Czech will be offended if you never type 'Czechia' again... 100%
1) Switzerland has never won, and after some close calls in recent years it would be nice to see them finally get over the hump.
They have a silver/golden generation right now and I'd be happy for them. Josi deserves it for sure.
2) The Czechs are in the middle of their own dry spell, so it would be nice to see them win gold on home ice. Especially so with the enthusiasm and support the fans have given the tournament.
Unlikely but it'd be a hell of a party on Sunday. We have to run the table most likely and beat US, Sweden and maybe Canada.lol I'm honestly ecstatic we are fighting for medals.
3) I get the obvious flaws with the IIHF WCs, but I would still find it mildly amusing if the current World gold and silver medalists aren't involved in the NHL(PA)'s latest half baked attempt at a international tournament next winter.
THIS.. 100% this.

Your last comment last me though.lol

Reactions: BruinLVGA

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I hope that's the mindset of Team Canada as well. We won't take a major penalty this time an 5vs5 you haven't been that terrifying. And our record against Canada was not that bad lately. So wait and see
Your record against Canada has been real good lately at this thing...............you've been a pain in the ass.

• Haha
Reactions: swissdude

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
f***ing Jalonen, almost everything went his way except the score. Goddamn genious will love him forever despite being a swede. Hope an SHL team hires him.
He got so much crap in this tournament from Finnish media. Its was an awful tournament and its the first time in like 69 years since we are lower than 7th in this tournament. Last game against you guys was literally the first game in this tournament where our team got positive feedback. Says enough.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
He got so much crap in this tournament from Finnish media. Its was an awful tournament and its the first time in like 69 yeaes since we are lower than 7th in this tournament. Last game against you guys was literally rhe first game in this tpurnament where our team got positive feedback. Says enough.
People really don’t have a clue how big of a feat this is, no coach should stay at one place for more than five years, Jukka Jalonen stayed for 12 years and was loved for atleast 8. f***ing legend.

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
People really don’t have a clue how big of a feat this is, no coach should stay at one place for more than five years, Jukka Jalonen stayed for 12 years and was loved for atleast 8. f***ing legend.
Indeed. 3/4 of our WHC golds were with him and our only gold medal in the Olympics. Incredible what he achieved with underdog teams.

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Indeed. 3/4 of our WHC golds were with him and our only gold medal in the Olympics. Incredible what he achieved with underdog teams.
The Olympic team was probably a favourite in my book though. Was happy when you beat the.. ehm w4r cr1min4ls

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad