Predict the Semis

Who will win in the Semis?... (Pick 2)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Czechia is not getting anywhere near the love I expected. They just shut out the Americans. The Swedes barely beat the Finns. Czechia will have an insane crowd on their side.

I don't get it. :huh:

Can only think it has something to do with time to rest I guess.
I'm sure it's just an odd coincidence.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Czechia is not getting anywhere near the love I expected. They just shut out the Americans. The Swedes barely beat the Finns. Czechia will have an insane crowd on their side.

I don't get it. :huh:

I'm sure it's just an odd coincidence.
Swedes are better. If I was impartial, I'd vote for them too! But I have a bias.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Dreams come true, Czech - Switzerland for finals!
I so, so, so wish that would happen. I do think we will see this game, but it will be for the bronze medal.

The crowd will make a huge difference for your team.

I think all signs point to Canada / Czechia in an epic final.
That would be completely epic. But I fear Sweden might object to this scenario..

Reactions: ORRFForever

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Can you stop posting anti finland comments all the time? You are making us swedes look bad. Yes, we had more puck and shots becuse Finland let us. It was their gameplan. The last 5 min in 3rd period Finland was toying with us. In hindsight Jalonen picked the wrong tactic they should have played more offensive as they did last 5 min then they would have won.
Some Finns make themself look bad, and some Swedes. But most dont. Not your job to correct as you dont help by being extremely negative about Sweden overall, always. (sometimes i agree sometimes i dont)

And no thats not how it works. Had Finland played more offensive Sweden would get more open chances early in the game. The reason they was playing good 5min was that the 0-0 plan had almost worked. And the Swedes felt the nerves as any team would. And the Swedes made the terrible mistake to stand still, instead of moving faster after the goal.

And lets get one thing straight, any team playing against such diciplined Finland would have a hard time winning. Finland had a hard time winning themselfs when expected to win easy. It is just the nature of the game, and the systems.

Our system dont work well with counterstrike teams. So with that in mind, next game for Sweden will not be easy, at all. Finland could have had a better chance due to system. But Sweden is not a papertiger team, its a defensive flawed offensive system against counterstrike, shelldefence teams.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
While Sweden - Czechia feels like a closer matchup than Sweden - Finland, I am for some reason feeling more confident than vs Finland. I think it is because in the back of my head I know that Finland always raises their game extra vs Sweden.

I think Sweden will win a thrilling game vs Czechia 3-2. The scenario I see in my head is Sweden controlling the game and leading 3-1 with 10 minutes remaining. But then Czechia starts pressing like crazy and Sweden hemmed in their own zone, Czechia putting 2-3 with like 1:30 remaining and the crowd going crazy.

I think Canada will despose of Switzerland with out any major issues, 4-1

Reactions: NuTarViDom

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Your record against Canada has been real good lately at this thing...............you've been a pain in the ass.
Swiss struggled quite a bit the past few years in the quarters. The loss in the QF is considered a miserable failure whereas to reach at least the BMG is an exceptional success. So it's a thin line between failure and glory for us at this tourny. I think it's gonna be a battle and you will see the round robin swiss team not the usual QF chockers. I would not be that comfortable like some canadian posters are to play us in the semis. I'm looking forward to this game. This years edition of Canada is fun to watch and pretty pretty good so it could be a hell of a game. Might the better team win and reach the GMG

NuTarViDom

Dec 27, 2017
Stockholm SWE
Sweden beats Czechia 4-1, hardest game and mental hurdle has now been handled. Hopefully with this confidence boost we should be able to do it!

4-2 Canada win vs Swiss, something about NA-Teams and going next level in the medal games!

bar1

Apr 16, 2012
Sweden unfortunately practised to play against the turtle and next time they know better.

Swiss will grind the Canadien as a surprise. That's just a feeling. NHL stars will have tough time understanding they are not THAT superior that 95% is enough.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Leafs98

Sep 26, 2007
One can't predict the randomness of this reffing. The teams with the best goaltending and penalty kills wins it. Hate to be a Debbie downer. That's how these games go.

Reactions: jj cale

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Two reasons.

Canada GF/GA 32-18 in the prelims. Sweden 35-9. Sweden can score.

2nd reason, Binnington. Canada's goaltending will fail them.
Canada has the best goalie in the tournament. He's actually won something and knows how to win big games.

Reactions: jj cale

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Absolutely dominant 1-1 game after 60mins.

And oh, as I said, they were supposed to lose. The team really sucked, even 2019 roster was much better. That's why I called Sweden a paper tiger. This game shouldn't have been a OT coin-flip looking at the rosters.
They won that's all that matters. No one cares about 2019. Finns are out early again. Sweden moves on. Undefeated. Great team

Reactions: Pandaman11

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Swiss struggled quite a bit the past few years in the quarters. The loss in the QF is considered a miserable failure whereas to reach at least the BMG is an exceptional success. So it's a thin line between failure and glory for us at this tourny. I think it's gonna be a battle and you will see the round robin swiss team not the usual QF chockers. I would not be that comfortable like some canadian posters are to play us in the semis. I'm looking forward to this game. This years edition of Canada is fun to watch and pretty pretty good so it could be a hell of a game. Might the better team win and reach the GMG
You guys will come to play, I'm 100% on that. I'm not comfortable at all.

It's gonna be another tight close game. Canada will need to get some 5 n 5 scoring this time they won't get away with winning only on p.p goals

Here's to a good game tomorrow.

Reactions: torero

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
You guys will come to play, I'm 100% on that. I'm not comfortable at all.

It's gonna be another tight close game. Canada will need to get some 5 n 5 scoring this time they won't get away with winning only on p.p goals

Here's to a good game tomorrow.
I think that Canada will beat us. Canada has this thing where they step it up as the competition goes. They are at their weakest at the group stage and this year they won their group. So…

That said, about 5vs5 scoring, here‘s an interesting stat: no team has scored at 5vs5 on Switzerland in the past SIX GAMES (vs England, Norway, Czech Republic, Canada, Finland, Germany).

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think that Canada will beat us. Canada has this thing where they step it up as the competition goes. They are at their weakest at the group stage and this year they won their group. So…

That said, about 5vs5 scoring, here‘s an interesting stat: no team has scored at 5vs5 on Switzerland in the past SIX GAMES (vs England, Norway, Czech Republic, Canada, Finland, Germany).
Exactly, and it's worrisome to say the least.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Love the fact people now ruling Sweden out based on that ”ugly” win in the QF. That will take a lot of the pressure off. Pressure is this teams biggest weakness imo. They have the tools and the talent, but they are really feeling it. Making it past the QF should relieve most of the nerves though. The pressure is on Czechia in front of the homecrowd.

RBbandit

Jan 4, 2020
Love the fact people now ruling Sweden out based on that ”ugly” win in the QF. That will take a lot of the pressure off. Pressure is this teams biggest weakness imo. They have the tools and the talent, but they are really feeling it. Making it past the QF should relieve most of the nerves though. The pressure is on Czechia in front of the homecrowd.
Sweden may not feel as much pressure as in QF, but they are still clear favourites and on paper better team. The Czechs already have the main goal accomplished, so far far less pressure than QF, the home crowd is just a plus. For CZ fans any medal is a huge success.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad