Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1716429246272.png

Nightmare fuel.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You??? Of all people??? Why?
Work obligations pal. I actually was lucky this year since it looked like I was going to miss most of the games but until now it hadn't worked out that way but tomorrow there is nothing that can be done. I really wanted to catch the Czech - U.S game too, that was the second game I was keying on.

A pity.

They will either roll you or it will be a classic one goal game. I picked you guys but can't say as I feel all that confident about it.

Tough game. Still.........I'm sticking with my call.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It has really gone back and forth.

Work obligations pal. I actually was lucky this year since it looked like I was going to miss most of the games but until now it hadn't worked out that way but tomorrow there is nothing that can be done. I really wanted to catch the Czech - U.S game too, that was the second game I was keying on.

A pity.
Are you available for Friday and the GMG?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

A pity.

They will either roll you or it will be a classic one goal game. I picked you guys but can't say as I feel all that confident about it.

Tough game. Still.........I'm sticking with my call.
You get the Canuck game which is good.. plus that Swiss vs Germany game may have a very interesting third.

Afternoon is Finns vs Swedes and Czechs vs US.. that is a nice lineup in theory. I'm not sure I'm up for any of this.

Reactions: jj cale

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
You get the Canuck game which is good.. plus that Swiss vs Germany game may have a very interesting third.

Afternoon is Finns vs Swedes and Czechs vs US.. that is a nice lineup in theory. I'm not sure I'm up for any of this.
While I'd like the Canadian game to be a blow out (for Canada), I hope all the games are tight / enjoyable.

TBH, I can't see us getting a bunch of duds.

Reactions: Czechboy

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
It has really gone back and forth.

Are you available for Friday and the GMG?
I think so but it's not certain yet.

I was looking forward to the Czech-U.S game almost as much as the Canada game to be honest.

It sucks to miss it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think so but it's not certain yet.

I was looking forward to the Czech-U.S game almost as much as the Canada game to be honest.

It sucks to miss it.
Something tells me I won't enjoy it as much as you would've.lol I've got a headache now and they don't drop the puck for 14 hours.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Something tells me I won't enjoy it as much as you would've.lol I've got a headache now and they don't drop the puck for 14 hours.
lol. Well that was going to be the beauty of it for me. Not only do I think it has the potential to be a really good game but I can watch it stress free!!

What's not to like about that? In some ways it would have been better then the Canada game.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
lol. Well that was going to be the beauty of it for me. Not only do I think it has the potential to be a really good game but I can watch it stress free!!

What's not to like about that? In some ways it would have been better then the Canada game.
I'll be stressed for the Canada game too... I'd be so happy for Slovakia if they won. Not because I'm anti Canada but they have damn near home ice and it'd be a great story.

If Canada does get a big lead.. I can comfortably enjoy the Swiss vs Germany match as I like both of them. But I want third period drama in Canada vs Slovakia to be honest.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Finland
Canada
Czechia
Germany with the upset
That would be my ideal results. I think it will not go like this (I think SWE, USA and CH, with GER - CH being a toss-up). But it is exactly how I want it to go.

Not that FIN would deserve it this year - they have been quite dire to watch - but I like upsets at the knockout stages, and Sweden have been coasting, very impressive, so that would be the biggest upset in the four pairings (along with Slovakia beating Canada, but I just don’t see that happening. The specificities of the SWE / FIN long-standing rivalry may mean that FIN somehow pulls it off.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'll be stressed for the Canada game too... I'd be so happy for Slovakia if they won. Not because I'm anti Canada but they have damn near home ice and it'd be a great story.

If Canada does get a big lead.. I can comfortably enjoy the Swiss vs Germany match as I like both of them. But I want third period drama in Canada vs Slovakia to be honest.
You just might get it, those late 3rd period collapses Canada have had on display this tourney have me concerned.

I really think the Swiss are sending Germany home this year. Sweden vs Finland? if the Finns don't suddenly do their rise from the ashes Pheonix routine they have nary a chance. Having said that I will never discount the Swedes legendary ability to blow big games after roaring through round robins, no one does it quite like them.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

Honestly there is just no team I dislike and would actively cheer against because I want them to lose (as opposed to simply supporting the other team more, but no biggie if they don’t make it). It’s because Russia is not here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad