Proposal: Predict The First Canucks Realistic Jim Rutherford Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Boeser for Kapanen

Solely because JR gets a hard on for players he has liked in the past and he has a track record of selling low on his players and paying insane prices on players he likes.

Edit: since some can't get it, this is mocking JR because he has a long track record of buying high and selling low on players. Boeser for Kapanen is obviously a terrible trade for Vancouver.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mick Jagr

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
I don't expect him to make any moves until January, if anything, after hearing what he said during the presser. He's looking for a GM to take over for him so he can mentor and run hockey ops. If he does end up being the GM for a bit, I expect the first move to be money in/money out or a smaller sellers deal. Nothing huge, but something that sets the tone for what we're looking to be in the future. If it's decided that we're not a playoff team, something like Motte for Urho Vaakanainen makes sense imo.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He was open and honest about the Pittsburgh situation which I really respect.
He said they were in a different time, from ownership, all the way down, they said all In.

He’s in a different situation here in Vancouver, most likely trade for a middle pick or another player 1-1

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Halak at the trade deadline
or
Tyler Myers in the offseason to pick up cap space.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
If I recall, part of JR'S MO is target players he thinks are miscast who could use a change of scenery and/or buddies of current roster players.

I can't help but maybe think maybe he'd target Matt Murray as a veteran back up and hope Ian Clark can revive his career in the same way he revived Markstrom's career.

A former player he's familiar with and he'd probably agree with Murray that Murray was being scapegoated for Ottawa woes (miscast).

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Poolman, Myers, Pearson, Schenn, Dickinson. We likely see a subpar for subpar trade. Nothing substantial

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
If I recall, part of JR'S MO is target players he thinks are miscast who could use a change of scenery and/or buddies of current roster players.

I can't help but maybe think maybe he'd target Matt Murray as a veteran back up and hope Ian Clark can revive his career in the same way he revived Markstrom's career.

A former player he's familiar with and he'd probably agree with Murray that Murray was being scapegoated for Ottawa woes (miscast).
That'd be around 10 million allotted to our goalies, I don't see that happening.

Markstrom was also much younger when he went to Vancouver

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

with what capspace

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Only trade If he’s to make it as the interim gm is if something that is offered to him that is hard to turn down. Other then that he’s looking to bring on an assistant gm and of course the gm.

Reactions: Hockeygod66

Ottobot

Aug 9, 2020
I’d like it to be Pearson but it’ll probably be someone he identifies still having issues in the room after the shakeup.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

One of his first points he made in his press conference is how Vancouver already has a franchise goalie in Demko. He isn’t trading for Matt Murray.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad