Predict the Atlantic Standings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Some powerhouses and some bad teams:

1. Tampa, 111 points: Tampa's roster is worse than it was in the playoffs last year, but with Kucherov, it's better than their regular season roster from last year. They might coast but I'll put them at 1.

2. Toronto, 107 points: An elite regular season, expecting that trend to continue

3. Florida, 105 points: setting up a 1st round battle of cursed teams, I have Florida, who lost their worst player in Yandle, adding several pieces in Reinhart and Lundell, and have Ekblad returning. Knight will offset Driedger.

4. Boston, 104 points: Honestly 1 through 4 is tough, I just have the Bruins 4th as Krecji and Rask are gone, they added pieces and really wouldn't surprise me if they came 1st or 2nd.

5. Montreal, 90 points: Habs fans will disagree but they were given a gift of a terrible division and facing a choking playoff team and a banged up Jets squad, I think their regular season is indicative of the team.

6. Ottawa, 84 points: The Sens continue their solid rebuild and finish over .500

7. Detroit Red Wings, 67 points: Detroit had a surprising year last year but that was mainly due to absolutely fantastic goaltending,I don't think it will hold up again

8. Buffalo Sabres, 56 points: Stop, stop, he's already dead

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Buffalo
Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit

Just kidding.

In all seriousness:

Tampa
Florida
Toronto
Boston
Montreal
Ottawa
Detroit
Buffalo

Reactions: abo9

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Tampa's regular season placement and point totals is actually a difficult one to predict because after back to back Cup wins, you wonder how much "cruise control" they'll be in during the regular season.

On paper, they should win the division and finish with 115+ points. But that's assuming a Lightning squad that goes all out for 82 games, not one that may just put it on cruise control and do just enough to make the playoffs, then turn it on when it counts.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I was under the impression that Rask was coming back? Is his surgery recovery going to take that long?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
1. Toronto 110 points
2. Montreal 107 points
3. Tampa Bay 106 points (not because they're not good - but, cruise control)
4. Boston 98 points (playoffs)

5. Florida 95 points (no playoffs)
6. Ottawa 87 points
7. Detroit 79 points
6. Buffalo 71 points.

noo

May 10, 2021
1. Toronto - good regular season team & should be fired up after last season's embarrassment..
2. Florida - can end up 1st, same idea as Toronto.. putting them here due to the ol' homer vote
3. Tampa - cup hangover + not going all out for the regular season.. cruise into playoffs, and try to go on another run from there..
4. Boston - core's getting older and lost a couple key players, won't keep up with #1-3
5. Ottawa - will be stealing points from teams expecting easy wins
6. Montreal - not good regular season team, lost captain and #1 C.. kids won't keep up for a full season
7. Detroit - rebuild
8. Buffalo - rebuild

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Bolts
Panthers
Bruins
Leafs

Habs
Sens
Wings
Sabres

Bolts on cruise control is still better then the rest of the division.

Panthers will fight for 1st all season but end up 2nd.

Bruins will be much better then most think.

Leafs are a bubble team that will have trouble making POs but will make it. This reg season long push to just make the POs makes them prepared for the POs like never before. They win the first round even if it is against the Bolts.

Both Sens and Habs will be in the PO hunt all season but will not quite make it.

Wings could be a surprise team and being much better then most think.

Sabres. Buffalo fans deserve much better from this team's ownership and management.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
1.) Florida - They'll go off in the regular season, very deep team.
2.) Toronto - Regular season we're very solid the past 4 years (T6th, T7th, 13th, T5th league wide). I expect that to continue.
3.) Tampa - They don't care for the regular season. Instead, they'll be on cruise control and ramp up closer to playoff time, just narrowly missing out on the 2nd seed. Congratulations on the first round bye
4.) Boston (WC) - Think they take a step back (finally), but still manage to snag the WC spot facing the Metro teams. It honestly might be the best thing for them since going through the Atlantic will be more difficult imo.
5.) Montreal - Mediocore
6.) Ottawa - I would have them 5th but I don't like their goaltending. Solid young team that'll be very annoying to play against
7.) Detroit - Rebuilding
8.) Buffalo - I feel for Buffalo fans. What an awful franchise

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I was under the impression that Rask was coming back? Is his surgery recovery going to take that long?
He's out until January or February (unless this has changed), and still has no contract, so no guarantees.

1. Tampa
2. Florida
3. Toronto
4. Boston
5. Montreal
6. Ottawa
7. Detroit
8. Buffalo

Top 4 could change pretty easily - I could see Florida winning, or Toronto ahead of Florida, or Boston ahead of both. Ottawa is on the right path and could pass Montreal, but as of now this is how I'd have it.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
1. Toronto 110 points
2. Montreal 107 points
3. Tampa Bay 106 points (not because they're not good - but, cruise control)
4. Boston 98 points (playoffs)

5. Florida 95 points (no playoffs)
6. Ottawa 87 points
7. Detroit 79 points
6. Buffalo 71 points.

I call that the North division delusion.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the top 4 is pretty easy to pick in this division, although boston may have opened the door to a threat with the loss of krejci. That long standing continuity down the middle with bergeron and krejci was excellent for boston for many years, and krejci has always flown under the radar for his impact on that club.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tampa's regular season placement and point totals is actually a difficult one to predict because after back to back Cup wins, you wonder how much "cruise control" they'll be in during the regular season.

On paper, they should win the division and finish with 115+ points. But that's assuming a Lightning squad that goes all out for 82 games, not one that may just put it on cruise control and do just enough to make the playoffs, then turn it on when it counts.

I can pretty much guarantee they will half ass a bunch of games next year. And yea will try to turn it on when it counts. That includes in the game too. You actually saw it a couple times in the playoffs where they just didn't have any motivation to show anything but just keep it close then create when needed to. Comes back to bite you in this league if you do it too often because talent is to good to do that an entire game or number of games. Will be interesting to see how they manage it. They are definitely talented enough to put together offense in a moment. Good enough defensively and goaltending to handle stretches as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad