Friedman: Predators looking for a center

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Trotz spent 20 million in free agency and didn’t get the one position this franchise has been lacking since inception. Well done trotzy
I'm not sure who his alternative options were? Monahan, Lindholm, and Stephenson? I think he did seriously pursue Stephenson at least. I don't think I ideally want any of those contracts either. If Monahan stays healthy and continues to produce, perhaps he's the one who would have been the smart pick in hindsight, but anyway I can understand not placing that bet on July 1st.

End of the day, Preds need to just do a better job of integrating their internal options.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I'm not sure who his alternative options were? Monahan, Lindholm, and Stephenson? I think he did seriously pursue Stephenson at least. I don't think I ideally want any of those contracts either. If Monahan stays healthy and continues to produce, perhaps he's the one who would have been the smart pick in hindsight, but anyway I can understand not placing that bet on July 1st.

End of the day, Preds need to just do a better job of integrating their internal options.
This right here. Trotz already saying he’s looking for a center while not trying every option available in house is so Nashville. Give our young guys a chance. I would hate to get drafted by Nashville knowing I’ll have to wait years before actually getting a chance on another team lol

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Let’s at least be realistic. No way is he even available for a trade. New York is contending and they won’t trade good players away while they are
I'm on board to ship him out to get younger, we may have to take a bit of salary back but Im all for it and you will find a large portion of rangers fans who feel the same way

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I'm on board to ship him out to get younger, we may have to take a bit of salary back but Im all for it and you will find a large portion of rangers fans who feel the same way

Guy has 5 years after this year left at $8.5 million AAV and has been steadily declining. He could bounce back for a few years in a new situation but that’s a huge risk.

Realistically, how much of that contract are the Rangers willing to eat in order to make him a palatable, positive asset to trade - and then at that point, is it even worth it?

You aren’t talking about salary for a year or two…that’s six years of retention…for what? Something that is definitely inferior. He’s not getting some blue chip value back unless you get that salary going back way down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad