GDT: Predators @ Blackhawks - We've had one yes, but what about second win? edition- 10/25/24

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
If he leaves Milwaukee now, Taylor can likely make it to Chicago in time to take the the team plane back to Nashville.
The Ads play in Chicago tomorrow night, after winning 38 seconds into OT against the Wolves tonight. It's a trap! (game).

And a penalty as soon as we score. We suck.
That is what my daughter says about the Preds. "They score and either give up a goal in one minute or get a penalty".

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Usually a supporter, but Big Sexy needs some press box time. Trying to do too much or being expected to do too much (e.g. Sissons lite) and he hasn't been good at all. Put Sizzler with Smith and ZLH and dress Tomasino. Bonus for swapping Parsnip and Smith, but I don't see Smith and Mac both being benched, even if deserved.

Reactions: Soundgarden

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
AJ noting that Josi's strengths don't translate well to the PP unit. :nod:
To be fair, it was in relation in having a guy like Stamkos who has his spot that he works from. Those two things don't work well together. She mentioned Hedman and how he ran the PP from the top and didn't move around much.

To be honest, they'd be better served breaking up Stamkos and Forsberg at the very least.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
To be fair, it was in relation in having a guy like Stamkos who has his spot that he works from. Those two things don't work well together. She mentioned Hedman and how he ran the PP from the top and didn't move around much.

To be honest, they'd be better served breaking up Stamkos and Forsberg at the very least.
It came on the heels of one of the worst PP efforts I've ever seen too. And the next penalty, the second unit was put out there, actually showed they could possess the puck, make passes, enter the O-zone, and score. [I was trying to remember something that looked that horrible. Maybe watching a peewee team of kids still learning which end of the stick to hold?]

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that the PP1 unit will (if they can) frequently enter the O-zone on the left side. Pulling the defenders towards the side Stamkos likes to set up shop on. By contrast Hedman and Kucherov would drag the defense to the right trying to get Stamkos left alone for a one timer off a seam pass. (The Ovi play.) It seems so simple, it's just surprising to see our PP trying to rotate the play from the left. :dunno:

Last edited:
Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
It came on the heels of one of the worst PP efforts I've ever seen too. And the next penalty, the second unit was put out there, actually showed they could possess the puck, make passes, enter the O-zone, and score.

Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that the PP1 unit will (if they can) frequently enter the O-zone on the left side. Pulling the defenders towards the side Stamkos likes to set up shop on. By contrast Hedman and Kucherov would drag the defense to the right trying to get Stamkos left alone for a one timer off a seam pass. (The Ovi play.) It seems so simple, it's just surprising to see our PP trying to rotate the play from the left. :dunno:
We like to do things the hard way.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Usually a supporter, but Big Sexy needs some press box time. Trying to do too much or being expected to do too much (e.g. Sissons lite) and he hasn't been good at all. Put Sizzler with Smith and ZLH and dress Tomasino. Bonus for swapping Parsnip and Smith, but I don't see Smith and Mac both being benched, even if deserved.
I'd stop juggling all the lines for at least 1 game. Swap McCarron and Smith out and put Parssinen and Tomasino in for them. Maybe they'll click with ZLH? They can't be worse in the O-zone. (Speaking of which why do we have our PK guys taking o-zone faceoffs?)

Reactions: Armourboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad