Pre-Game Talk: Pre-Season Game 3- New York, New York. NESN, 98.5FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I was able to watch the last game on Center Ice, but not the first, which was only ESPN+.

Meaningless sidenote - my Bruins Center Ice channel has always been 3069. The channels go up alphabetically, starting with Anaheim. When I first hit 3069, I got the Buffalo Sabres.

After a brief panic attack, I realized the B's are now 3068, since Arizona is no longer, and the team is under "U." ;)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It's on NHL Network for those outside of NESN coverage.

Sweet, I didn't see it in the program lineup, but will check again. I have Sling just for the NHL network's Bruins games lol

It is interesting to see Callahan, Mitchell, and Wotherspoon drawing in again. It looks like they are trying to settle on the 7th D man spot.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Sweet, I didn't see it in the program lineup, but will check again. I have Sling just for the NHL network's Bruins games lol

It is interesting to see Callahan, Mitchell, and Wotherspoon drawing in again. It looks like they are trying to settle on the 7th D man spot.
Disappointed Sweezy is not in that conversation. If in fact he isnt.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I hope he is, he has been decent so far. He's gotten two games, and I think the others haven't yet. I imagine vet Oesterle is probably in the mix too-another guy that got two games, right?
Oesterle has played himself out of that conversation in the last two games, IMO. Not to be harsh but he is prone to some large mistakes that tend to give opponents scoring chances.

Reactions: KWbruin and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Oesterle has played himself out of that conversation in the last two games, IMO. Not to be harsh but he is prone to some large mistakes that tend to give opponents scoring chances.

I have not been impressed with him either, but I never discount the veteran slack that often seems to be given. The guy does have 371 NHL games under his belt.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I'd think you'll see a good chunk of cuts come after Saturday's road game vs Philly. That'll leave a home game and then the game in QC vs LA and then you're final tune-up game in WSH.

If I'm a coach, I'm cutting guys that have no plausible chance at a NHL spot pretty early. From what I hear from analysts, these early days are crazy with all the bodies, and I'd want to tighten the ship and see a higher tempo practice.

Training camp is not an open tryout despite what Mgmt and coaches might say. The roster is set in stone but for 1-2 spots.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If I'm a coach, I'm cutting guys that have no plausible chance at a NHL spot pretty early. From what I hear from analysts, these early days are crazy with all the bodies, and I'd want to tighten the ship and see a higher tempo practice.

Training camp is not an open tryout despite what Mgmt and coaches might say. The roster is set in stone but for 1-2 spots.

That's fine, but you also see as few regulars as possible traveling to road games. Tonight there are 5 starters traveling, but that's mostly because New York is so close and none of those 5 have played yet this pre-season. I expect Saturday's game in PHI to be a pretty underwhelming line-up. It'll likely be heavy with bottom 6 / 3rd pairing / depth players.

I do think you could see some guys cut after tonight, but I don't think it'll b a significant amount

Last edited:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Uh, I don’t see CC on this list of players playing tonight. I did read he was practicing with Brad and Fabian this morning though…
Because they weren’t going

#FreeJacksonEdward

I beg
He’s in a red jersey

Who goes to Quebec ?

Sweezey has to be 8th D

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
"Who goes to Quebec ?" - DKH. still haven't figured out quotes being here 20+ years o_O

Well, the wife and I are driving up Thursday morning for it and then spending a long weekend in Quebec City, which I've never been to but it's where my wife was born (moved to the States at 5yrs old and hasn't been back). I'm thinking/hoping we get a solid lineup!

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad