Post-Game Talk: [Pre-Season] Game 1 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Seattle Kraken | 3-1 (Hoglander, Hronek, & Suter)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Raty's such a smart player. I've been a big proponent of him being an NHLer for a while now. What his ultimate impact and position is yet to be seen, though. I thought his skating looked better at the Young Stars tournament and if that is reflected in NHL games, that would go a long way. Still don't think he has much of a chance to make the team given the crowded forward group but having him and Sasson as viable centre depth would be a nice change from being forced into grabbing waiver claims or trades.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
never forget

Didn't it turn out that the ref made the right call on the ice but the rule was just dumb? Since he technically jumps and braces himself for the reverse hit it technically counts as a charge.

Some of these rules need to be changed a bit. Especially the high-sticking one. The point about it drawing blood is so dumb. You can draw blood with a slight tap and not draw blood with a huge whack.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
One nice thing about keeping Myers is that it might help build a rivalry with Seattle. They hate Myers! That hit he laid on Beniers is like the most traumatic thing that has happened to them in their short existence.

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
1727228200349.png

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Didn't it turn out that the ref made the right call on the ice but the rule was just dumb? Since he technically jumps and braces himself for the reverse hit it technically counts as a charge.

Some of these rules need to be changed a bit. Especially the high-sticking one. The point about it drawing blood is so dumb. You can draw blood with a slight tap and not draw blood with a huge whack.

Charging is the catch-all rule that allows the refs the ability to be like "hmm that didn't look right, should be a penalty."

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Pre-season is too long and it means nothing. Starters are going at 60-65% max intensity, players shaking off the rust, the play is choppy, just a warm up for the regular season, shouldn’t take too much from a player having an outstanding pre-season, Sergei Shirokov scored 7 points in 4 preaseason games, everyone thought he was the second coming of Pavel Bure, his NHL regular season career lasted 8 games.
You know, you can always check back in once the season starts if it's such a waste of your valuable time. Me, I love these games. I get to see young guys who may never again wear the Canuck jersey and often in these games the fringe guys during the regular season turn into Gretzkys for a weekend against less than elite opposition. It's all just moving guys around and seeing what they can do on the big stage without the worries of failures costing you points while slowly getting the veterans up to speed. I'll take this game over a dull mid January road game for sheer entertainment value any time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad