GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
He watched Jack Quinn get hurt before free agency and thought…hey Victor Olofsson
this is a fair point - except this year he will get FIRED if he does the same. Im not one of the rectionary freak out folks that is most people BUT if he fails to deliver this summer he need to get canned for someone who can deliver.

Reactions: DJN21

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
this is a fair point - except this year he will get FIRED if he does the same. Im not one of the rectionary freak out folks that is most people BUT if he fails to deliver this summer he need to get canned for someone who can deliver.
I have this theory that no one has wanted to hear for three years now that might interest you. He isn’t in any way qualified to be the GM of a hockey team. This is the best he can do. Thank God he listens to his scouting department or it would be even worse.

Just pray that the moves he is pressured into making this week are free agency overpays for bad players and not horrific trades for bad players. Because he has his finger on the button and can destroy the franchise with a push.

They should have shown him to door two years ago. Here we are.

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
He watched Jack Quinn get hurt before free agency and thought…hey Victor Olofsson
not only that....around trade deadline he spoke of 'we tried some moves but ntc's stopped us' and likely he lost on kane.

So my 'he can't close deals' bemoaning isn't new to this week. It's got precedence going back to right after they dealt eichel. He hasn't been able to do much of anything but draft and retain since.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Holding onto Olofsson in general was frustrating. We all knew the player he was, and he certainly held trade value at one point

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
So Yzerman isn't going to sign Kane but he is interested in an $8 million Trouba ?

I just don't understand that. And it would definitely set the bar for Mo's expectations. Good luck with that Stevie.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
And I'm also calling absolute bullshit on the rumor that McGroarty wouldn't sign here -- there isn't a team in the NHL more willing to play our young talent than us right now. ESPECIALLY if that talent plays a heavier game.

Reactions: Dingo44

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
Adams basically confirmed their interest in Necas when he said he wasn't happy about it being public knowledge. Not sure why Chad has changed his tune on that now. If Adams truly wasn't interested in Necas, I have to wonder, why not?

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It is genuinely funny that Peters got immediately clowned by the Kane signing.

And I'm also calling absolute bullshit on the rumor that McGroarty wouldn't sign here -- there isn't a team in the NHL more willing to play our young talent than us right now. ESPECIALLY if that talent plays a heavier game.
I call bullshit on us wanting him. Unless someone can explain to me how he's cutting the line and getting the NHL start he wants. Hasn't made sense since the beginning. They need vets. He has 0 pro games.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY

Andrew has gotten VERY good at being a complete hot take douche because he thinks it gets them more listeners. He’s right, because that’s all social media is nowadays. He broke 1 thing in his entire life and claims to “hear things”. Your little text group with Rivet, Gionta, and Roenick means nothing buddy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Andrew has gotten VERY good at being a complete hot take douche because he thinks it gets them more listeners. He’s right, because that’s all social media is nowadays. He broke 1 thing in his entire life and claims to “hear things”. Your little text group with Rivet, Gionta, and Roenick means nothing buddy.
Remember Dahlin wanted short term.

- Source Andrew Peters neighbor’s Cat

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
I don’t really understand why Guentzel would sign before free agency starts. There is literally no benefit to him unless the Lightning say the offer is revoked if he doesn’t sign it before free agency starts.

It would be like accepting an offer on a house the night before an open house where dozens of interested and motivated parties will be viewing. Why not just wait until after the open house and see if there is a better offer, or maybe get a bidding war going?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don’t really understand why Guentzel would sign before free agency starts. There is literally no benefit to him unless the Lightning say the offer is revoked if he doesn’t sign it before free agency starts.

It would be like accepting an offer on a house the night before an open house where dozens of interested and motivated parties will be viewing. Why not just wait until after the open house and see if there is a better offer, or maybe get a bidding war going?

Does he get the extra year?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Why not? He is their property before the July 1 new year…that was always the reason these trades went through in the past?

He needs to be on the time before the roster freeze (trade deadline) to be eligible for an 8 year extension. It's why Matt Tkachuk was a sign and trade rather than just a trade. To get the 8th year.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2