GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 43, 76, 108, 109, 161, 172, 204

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Ah that's another one that didn't really work out.

Maybe we can make our own stupid move, as are talking to the caps could Tom Wilson be available?
I think it's very premature to say that Tomas Hertl hasn't worked out. He's also signed for 6 more years at 6.75

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I have full faith in Adams to make the right moves this summer to get the team right. I think last year, he relied way to much on break out years sustaining or increasing and minor moves being what put them over the top. I think he sees the writing on the wall and has worked with all his personnel (including Lindy) to identify players that fit the style they want to run and will use the stockpiled war chest to make it happen.

If not and he just stands pat with a minor signing or two, he better hope the kids evolve into world beaters.

Reactions: Fjordy

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

Maybe we can make our own stupid move, as are talking to the caps could Tom Wilson be available?
None of those trades were stupid. Hertl is too small of a sample size, but both Chychrun and Meier were good for their new teams and neither of those teams gave up packages that the Sabres couldn’t afford.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Is Dowd even an upgrade over Zemgus? He’s 34 and his possession numbers are nightmare fuel.
If that is Kev’s big move of the summer I’ll be enraged.
I have concerns too with these older guys (Dowd, Jensen). They will certainly provide veteran presence and leadership, but if their game has fallen off a cliff, that's a problem.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Is Dowd even an upgrade over Zemgus? He’s 34 and his possession numbers are nightmare fuel.
If that is Kev’s big move of the summer I’ll be enraged.
As a 4th line + extra player this would be ok. Girgs could be swapped for someone else.

Greenway-Dowd-Girgensons
Krebs

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012

Just because a player doesnt work out for one team doesnt mean he wont work out everywhere.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I have full faith in Adams to make the right moves this summer to get the team right. I think last year, he relied way to much on break out years sustaining or increasing and minor moves being what put them over the top. I think he sees the writing on the wall and has worked with all his personnel (including Lindy) to identify players that fit the style they want to run and will use the stockpiled war chest to make it happen.

If not and he just stands pat with a minor signing or two, he better hope the kids evolve into world beaters.
The kids don't need to evolve into world beaters. They would need to evolve into completely different players.

In many ways Adams has done the hard part acquiring all the skill and scoring. He now needs to compliment that.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I still remember the baby in the microwave story about PCP from when D.A.R.E. came to our middle school and it still scares me.
There's some good ole government anti weed ones from the fifties that made the high person angry and deranged until he jumped out of a window to kill himself.

Back on topic, stay away from any drug users today, Kev.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Some interesting scuttlebutt about what Ottawa is still working on, including trying to move Chychrun.

"Postmedia has reported the Senators are trying to move speedy winger Mathieu Joseph in advance of the draft this weekend."

Here’s a roster based solely on random rumors that I’ve heard. Any thoughts?

JJP Tage Tuch
Zegras Cozens Quinn
Benson Krebs Greenway
O.Brien Dowd Girgs

so no o'brien

(He just re-signed with Utah)

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Here’s a roster based solely on random rumors that I’ve heard. Any thoughts?

JJP Tage Tuch
Zegras Cozens Quinn
Benson Krebs Greenway
O.Brien Dowd Girgs
O’Brien just signed with Utah.

I’d like to get a player different than Zegras and someone to push down Greenway too. I don’t think we really address many issues (cant forecheck if our lives depended on it) with this lineup.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Mitts extends in Colorado.

3x$5.75mm

Adams is gonna need to pull a serious rabbit out of his hat to find someone better than Mitts for 3c at that price.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
O’Brien just signed with Utah.

I’d like to get a player different than Zegras and someone to push down Greenway too. I don’t think we really address many issues (cant forecheck if our lives depended on it) with this lineup.
I think that's kinda why I like Greenway on the 3rd but he's not really a monster forechecker anyway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad