GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Mitts extends in Colorado.

3x$5.75mm

Adams is gonna need to pull a serious rabbit out of his hat to find someone better than Mitts for 3c at that price.
1. You purposely don't mention the term, which is far from ideal.

2. Do you think Mitts would have signed the exact same deal to be '3C' in Buffalo as he did to be '2C` in Denver ?

3. For the skill set we need in a centre addition, 5.25m/per should be more than enough to get it done.

Reactions: Zman5778

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
And there is no way Mitts was doing that deal in Buffalo.

I think he might have done that deal in Buffalo, but maybe Adams wasn’t interested. The key thing here is that it only buys 1 UFA year. So he’ll be gone at the end of it and secure the bag in free agency (kind of like Reinhart, who also left Buffalo with similar contract issues).

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think that's kinda why I like Greenway on the 3rd but he's not really a monster forechecker anyway
I think Greenway has become the most under rated / under appreciated player on this team.

I'd like to see what he could do playing on a team with a backbone. He'd be closer to a 'top 6' role than a '4th line' role IMO.

Reactions: HOOats

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Mitts extends in Colorado.

3x$5.75mm

Adams is gonna need to pull a serious rabbit out of his hat to find someone better than Mitts for 3c at that price.
Mitts is not hard to play against, if the team wants to get 'playoff tough' they have to look somewhere else

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
1. You purposely don't mention the term, which is far from ideal.

2. Do you think Mitts would have signed the exact same deal to be '3C' in Buffalo as he did to be '2C` in Denver ?

3. For the skill set we need in a centre addition, 5.25m/per should be more than enough to get it done.
??? Didn't mention the term? Do you not see the 3 in front of x$5.75mm???

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Step 1: Sign Kane
Step 2: Overpay for Stephenson
Step 3: Trade for Blake Coleman
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Why not? By all reports Buffalo never even made an offer to Mitts
Adams, to Mitts' agent: "Hey, is Mitts willing to sign in Buffalo?"
Mitts' agent: "Sure, but he's only looking for a short term deal."
Adams: "He won't take a longer deal? I'm talking like 6-8 years."
Agent: "Nah. He's looking more in the 2-4 year range."
Adams: "Nothing we can do to convince him?"
Agent: "No. He's pretty set on a short term deal"

Adams: *trades Mitts to COL* "We want guys that want to be in Buffalo"

That we never offered Mitts a deal shouldn't be a talking point at all, if Mitts wanted a short deal.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
if mitts was looking for a bet on himself deal then doing it as a 2c seems much better for him than as a 3c or a winger

I think Greenway has become the most under rated / under appreciated player on this team.

I'd like to see what he could do playing on a team with a backbone. He'd be closer to a 'top 6' role than a '4th line' role IMO.
i was told it was lazy to criticize him last year

a year later and... hes the exact same player minny ditched

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

I love him as a guy you move up the lineup when you want to form more of an elite match up line and put on a solid 4th line for other games.
Greenway-Cozens-Tuch would be nice against top heavy teams.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I think Mitts would have signed the deal he got in COL.

I think Adams wanted to sign him long-term, which Mitts wasn't interested in.
I don't. I think Adams had a hard on for Byrum
I hate to be posting on this in what should be a draft thread, but you can put whatever year term you want in front of the AAV, and it would have made sense for Buffalo to re-sign Mittelstadt.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Since the Skinner buyout wasn't boat raced to the league office, wonder if there is possible trade interest out there. We are also only 35 min into the buyout window lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad