GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Prove to me that we were on his NTC or until then keep hiding behind the insecurities where every single player has Buffalo on their list as a way to pretend an incompetent GM is trying.
I can't obviously, but I'd wager we were vs not. If not getting Mang already broke you, you might be in for a long week. Would've liked the player, sure, but I'll reserve judgement until I see the totality of mr. incompetence's moves.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I mean yeah, NTC’s are real but there are a lot of players that don’t have them that would improve the Sabres that they don’t acquire either

TheBarnIsElectric

Sponsor
Jun 15, 2010
I could see Manga preferring the Sabres to the Caps, personally. I think I would want to go to the up and coming team rather than the old and fading. At least it's plausible.

I think Adams has his eyes on bigger prizes. Will he pull the trigger though? There are deals to be made. He needs to pick his guy and pay the price and not worry about winning the trade value, IMO.

If it's the right guy to help the team, the price will be ok in the long run.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Are people really getting upset about us not beating Washington’s offer for Mangiapane? Dude isn’t worth his contract, and I’m honestly surprised Calgary got as much as they did for him. I’m glad Adams didn’t try to top that.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
NTC's are a thing ya know.
And there was a time in the dark era where players waived them to come here. We lost all that because of the current situation we’re in. Seems like players may not like to go to a team that isn’t trying to win, and they sure as hell won’t start waiving them just because Kevyn decides NOW is when they should push to be competitive. Actions have consequences, hope all that delaying was worth it.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Are people really getting upset about us not beating Washington’s offer for Mangiapane? Dude isn’t worth his contract, and I’m honestly surprised Calgary got as much as they did for him. I’m glad Adams didn’t try to top that.
Just to be fair on the value..

If he was worth his contract hed get a 1st+

The 3nd wasnt WAS but COL 2nd. Which could easily be 60× in 3nf which isnt much diff than a 3rd.

Calgary probably preferred a 25 pick given they had 2 2nfs.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Cool. So pretend you could've done something about and rage away I guess.
He could have built a competitive team in the four years he’s been here. Or at least not taken two offseasons off and stuck himself needing to do more than can be accomplished in one when it went exactly the way everyone but him knew it would.

jamienwalker

Jul 30, 2022
Kevyn Adams is doing exactly what an excellent GM should do. Make a plan, stick to the plan, and not listen to armchair quarterbacks opinions. We're in his third offseason? and we've got the best depth, and talent i've ever seen. (born in 71, so the earliest i remember was around 77, or 78 when i used to go to bed listening to wgr. To those complaining, would you prefer Tim Murray back again?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Kevyn Adams is doing exactly what an excellent GM should do. Make a plan, stick to the plan, and not listen to armchair quarterbacks opinions. We're in his third offseason? and we've got the best depth, and talent i've ever seen. (born in 71, so the earliest i remember was around 77, or 78 when i used to go to bed listening to wgr. To those complaining, would you prefer Tim Murray back again?
Leave some kool aid for the rest of the fans. Yeeesh.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Kevyn Adams is building his fifth iteration of the Sabres lol

i'm hoping/assuming this is satire tho

Steddy33

Jan 7, 2012
Kevyn Adams is extremely good at sitting on his thumb and overvaluing his prospects.

There's other options for GM other than Kevyn Adams and Tim Murray, you realize that right?

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
1719547508239.png

Reactions: Dirty Dog

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Don’t listen to the haters - it is much more fun to be an optimistic fan. That being said if he doesn’t make significant adds this week it will be a failure despite what you saying above being true

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
His third offseason was two years ago.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don’t listen to the haters - it is much more fun to be an optimistic fan. That being said if he doesn’t make significant adds this week it will be a failure despite what you saying above being true
His entire point is based on forgetting 40% of his tenure even happened. If this was his third year…he’d be getting more slack. Trust me. Two years ago I was getting blasted for daring to suggest he do his job and build a roster. Now we all float down here.

Kevyn Adams is extremely good at sitting on his thumb and overvaluing his prospects.

There's other options for GM other than Kevyn Adams and Tim Murray, you realize that right?
TBF…Adams has helped build multiple cup winners. Unfortunately they were in Vegas and Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad