GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
It’s funny but I think the big winner of that weird Detroit/Sharks cap dump trade turned out to be us. Sharks get handed an extra second and they hand an even better one over to us for something that barely if at all moves the needle on first round prospect value.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I wonder if they moved 11 because NJ is using 10 to get Necas - or at the very least because they are out on Necas. I also wonder if not getting Necas makes them less likely to buy-out skinner.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
It’s funny but I think the big winner of that weird Detroit/Sharks cap dump trade turned out to be us. Sharks get handed an extra second and they hand an even better one over to us for something that barely if at all moves the needle on first round prospect value.
Big winner might be to much but it doesn't hurt to add some value.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Big winner might be to much but it doesn't hurt to add some value.

I take it purely on value.

Detroit made a weird move since their player seems to have had value…and they paid to get rid of him.

Which was a big win for the Sharks until they gave up an even better pick to move up 3 spots in a round where they’re going to get the same tier anyway.

We got handed the best pick in the two deals for…getting a player from the same group we were going to anyway.

A clear win.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Reactions: MagnumForce2

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I take it purely on value.

Detroit made a weird move since their player seems to have had value…and they paid to get rid of him.

Which was a big win for the Sharks until they gave up an even better pick to move up 3 spots in a round where they’re going to get the same tier anyway.

We got handed the best pick in the two deals for…getting a player from the same group we were going to anyway.

A clear win.
That Walman move was odd, he must have something that really pissed them off.
They benched him and then didn't bother to take other offers, just moved him to the worst team.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
seeing some whining that a second round pick is worthless

ummm... that's where we got Peterka and UPL. An extra second round pick is not at all worthless

It's also where we got Roy and Pominville
Yeah, I truly don't get the complaining. It's a clear, clear value win for us. And that's before taking into account that the guys in the draft in the 11-14 area are all largely the same (prospect-wise).

Getting 42 for that 3 spot draft is an absolute win.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

ummm... that's where we got Peterka and UPL. An extra second round pick is not at all worthless

The same people will proudly tell you Wahlberg is their favorite prospect and what we need more of. Can not recall where we drafted him atm

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

The one person with the Sabre's I trust is Forton, so yeah. But it could also be included in a deal for a player or a move up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad