GDT: Draft Day GDT -- Sabres current picks: 14, 42, 71, 108, 123, 172, 204, 219

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
I've cooled on him a bit. Yeah, he'd be our 3C.....but he's not that great defensively and he's not all that physical. Yeah, he's better than Krebs......but ideally, I'd like to aim higher.
Are there 80 centers in the league better than Colton? That's roughly what he'd need to be an above average 3C. I still like him compared to the UFA crop.

I've been thinking with all the talk of improving defensively and physically, we're still going to be an offense-centric team with our talent and make-up. We're still going to try/need to outscore teams, but hopefully with a wider variety of goals (tips, rebounds, PP sets).

A few thoughtful additions towards responsibility and toughness will help, but Lindy instituting more structure and discipline should work wonders alone relative to where Donnie had us. As such, I think we're still suited to add speedy skill players as long as they aren't absolute zeros defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad