Speculation: Post Your 2013-14 Lineup

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I don't know why people are so afraid to split up G and Jake.

Neither of them need the other to be productive, and there are other players on the team who need one of them much, much more.

Both are puck carriers. The more time Voracek has with the puck, the less time for Giroux. I don't like that. I want the puck to be on those two sticks as much as possible, and you minimize that rate by putting them together.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

Neither of them need the other to be productive, and there are other players on the team who need one of them much, much more.

Both are puck carriers. The more time Voracek has with the puck, the less time for Giroux. I don't like that. I want the puck to be on those two sticks as much as possible, and you minimize that rate by putting them together.

Ive been saying this all offseason

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Of all the guys for you to single out, you pick Erskine? He played 18:27/game last year for the Caps. He gets played more than literally everyone else on that list. Right now the Caps coaching staff is still pumping his tires as a top 4 defenseman for the Capitals, much as he was last season (however much Capitals fans might hate it).

The reason you don't need Rosehill against him is that Erskine rarely fights anymore. He only fought twice last year and three times the year before.

the reason why i want rosehill vs erskine is for his elbowing on simmonds last year

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
the reason why i want rosehill vs erskine is for his elbowing on simmonds last year

I think you care more about revenge on Erskine for last year than the actual players do at this point. The fact that they played the Caps two more times after that incident & nothing happened proves that.

Erskine for the most part isn't a dirty player & doesn't go out there looking for trouble, no need to waste a roster spot to neutralize something that isn't going to happen.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013

voracek-schenn-simmonds was great last years
and lecavalier-giroux look good in preseason
lecavalier-giroux-hartnell
voracek-schenn-simmonds

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

I honestly don't care but I don't think Lavi shares that opinion. If someone else steps up (mainly looking at Schenn or Hartnell here) I could see him maybe doing it.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
I think you care more about revenge on Erskine for last year than the actual players do at this point. The fact that they played the Caps two more times after that incident & nothing happened proves that.

Erskine for the most part isn't a dirty player & doesn't go out there looking for trouble, no need to waste a roster spot to neutralize something that isn't going to happen.

why nothing happened?
we having zero enforcer last years rinaldo is not
i disagree erskine punch a player for no reason in pre season

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
it has more to do with the fact that voracek is as good a playmaker on the wing as we have and can set up vinny and simmer during ev play , which was a huge weakness.

If we have giroux voracek and hartnell together i am afraid we will become a 1 line team last last year.

I think you're underestimating Vinny's ability to be productive with Simmonds and BSchenn, or even with Simmonds and Raffl.

Schenn hasn't even got to play on that line with Vinny and Simmonds yet.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
why nothing happened?
we having zero enforcer last years rinaldo is not
i disagree erskine punch a player for no reason in pre season

Not having a goon in the lineup is not the reason nothing happened.

The reason nothing happened was because the players are more concerned with the actual outcome of the game than settling the score on something that was already settled with by the NHL.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
Not having a goon in the lineup is not the reason nothing happened.

The reason nothing happened was because the players are more concerned with the actual outcome of the game than settling the score on something that was already settled with by the NHL.

why rinaldo fight hendricks after the elbow of erskine?
if shelley was in this game after the elbow i think shelley fight erskine not hendricks lol

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh...does Shelley fighting and losing to Erskine somehow undo the elbow on Simmonds?

I didn't even factor in that Shelley was terrible at his one & only job.

Him & Cote had to have been two of the most useless players in Flyers history, besides being liabilities on the ice both were absolute punching bags during their times here.

flyersfan28

Aug 17, 2013
I didn't even factor in that Shelley was terrible at his one & only job.

Him & Cote had to have been two of the most useless players in Flyers history, besides being liabilities on the ice both were absolute punching bags during their times here.

:laugh: shelley is one of the best enforcer in 2000 win vs bob probert and in 2010 ko win vs colton orr
and cote he loss manny fight but a lot of his fight was great and 1 win vs brian mcgrattan
cote and shelley was 2 great fighter

Last edited:

blinds

Jan 5, 2012

I completely agree with this, G and Voracek work well together, but I think Voracek is good enough now to carry his own line. The issue I see is Giroux needs someone who can carry the puck reasonably well because with his size and the attention he gets from other teams it's hard for him to carry the puck the whole time. G needs someone on his line who can manage the puck when he needs to dish it off to avoid being double-teamed like he often is, which is why I don't see a Hartnell - G - Simmonds line like I've seen mentioned before working. G's size really holds him back sometimes (also helps him sometimes as well, depends on the team). Voracek is big and fast enough to not have this problem.

If we kept Laughton up I could really get into this lineup:

Hartnell - G - Vinny
Schenn - Couts - Voracek
Read - Laughton - Simmonds
Talbot - Hall - Rinaldo

Maybe switch Schenn and Hartnell, but I want to see how Schenn would do with Couts.

But this gives Couts a lot more opportunity, which with the way he's been this preseason, we could see his production explode. Laughton seems like he's ready to make the jump from what I've seen as well. As long as Simmonds commits to playing better on the defensive end that 3rd line could be very good.

The only issue I see is the faceoffs which really hamstrung us last year. Maybe (hopefully) Couts worked on them this offseason. No idea how Laughton is, but he's young so I'm doubtful.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I completely agree with this, G and Voracek work well together, but I think Voracek is good enough now to carry his own line. The issue I see is Giroux needs someone who can carry the puck reasonably well because with his size and the attention he gets from other teams it's hard for him to carry the puck the whole time. G needs someone on his line who can manage the puck when he needs to dish it off to avoid being double-teamed like he often is, which is why I don't see a Hartnell - G - Simmonds line like I've seen mentioned before working. G's size really holds him back sometimes (also helps him sometimes as well, depends on the team). Voracek is big and fast enough to not have this problem.

If we kept Laughton up I could really get into this lineup:

Hartnell - G - Vinny
Schenn - Couts - Voracek
Read - Laughton - Simmonds
Talbot - Hall - Rinaldo

Maybe switch Schenn and Hartnell, but I want to see how Schenn would do with Couts.

But this gives Couts a lot more opportunity, which with the way he's been this preseason, we could see his production explode. Laughton seems like he's ready to make the jump from what I've seen as well. As long as Simmonds commits to playing better on the defensive end that 3rd line could be very good.

The only issue I see is the faceoffs which really hamstrung us last year. Maybe (hopefully) Couts worked on them this offseason. No idea how Laughton is, but he's young so I'm doubtful.

I like this line up. I could see this by the end of the year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
:laugh: shelley is one of the best enforcer in 2000 win vs bob probert and in 2010 ko win vs colton orr
and cote he loss manny fight but a lot of his fight was great and 1 win vs brian mcgrattan
cote and shelley was 2 great fighter

I said during their times here meaning exclusively when they played for the Flyers not before. Shelley was terrible at his role with the Flyers he only won a few fights in those three years as a Flyer.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
lol if shelley fighting erskine i think he won

Haha, highly doubtful. Shelley lost most of his fights as a Flyer because he was well past his prime.

The myth that enforcers somehow protect star players during play needs to go away. They don't. Enforcers only come into play after something has happened (which is too late), or after the play. Gretzky's enforcers didn't prevent him from being hit, Gretzky's skill did that. His enforcers didn't prevent the hit that finally hurt him, either.

Shelley in the lineup wouldn't have prevented the elbow on Simmonds. It wouldn't have undone it. Having Rosehill in the lineup won't prevent the next cheapshot, either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad