OT: Post something positive about the poster you're quoting.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
@roy munson Where are you at? We miss you.
MiG was also a fantastic shooper. Is he still around under a new alias?
I'm still here!! Haven't posted in quite a while but I still visit the forum regularly and I'm up to date thanks to you outstanding posters. So excited about what's happenning to my team right now, all the right moves and all the young guys coming up make me very impatient for what's coming. If I see Hu or Go in the street, it's hugging time!

Felt good to post again.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm still here!! Haven't posted in quite a while but I still visit the forum regularly and I'm up to date thanks to you outstanding posters. So excited about what's happenning to my team right now, all the right moves and all the young guys coming up make me very impatient for what's coming. If I see Hu or Go in the street, it's hugging time!

Felt good to post again.
Good to see you around here Roy!

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Holy Moly does it feel good to see you post @roy munson made my day.

Yeah, what's brewing in Habsland is nothing more than electrifying. I may see an offensive dynamo-like team for the first time in my life, and it feels surreal to be honest. If most things go well, then brighter days are surely ahead for all of us Habs fans.

Glad to see you doing good mate, and catch you in the GDTs, I plan on being more active this season.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

rik schau

Peeping has perks. lol
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Oi! Where did I land? lol. It's like some Olympic level brown-noser-off or something. Who's going to medal? lol. The suspense is intense as I cringe and grimace as I make my way through it. But good on ya silly buggers that have a whole in your lives and coming here to fill each other's holes, crack on!

All you scamps help me relive the days of my youth as this place has all the components reminiscent of a schoolyard playground. lol

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Hey! It's great to post again. Big personal project behind me, hoping to post more often.
MIG... it's been a while, any news?
I really miss doing GDTs...
Team seems to be trending in the right direction. I don’t remember this much optimism since the centennial season, but I think we are trending to be better and more sustainable than that team was. The future is bright

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
@Runner77 is probably busy queuing up 82 GDTs he can post on auto pilot once the season gets going. It's a big job, no doubt, but he gets paid handsomely for it. That why the dude has things like that... island, yachts and babes.

1725814048040.png

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Team seems to be trending in the right direction. I don’t remember this much optimism since the centennial season, but I think we are trending to be better and more sustainable than that team was. The future is bright
100% agree. We've been optimistic for many reasons in the past, but this is the real thing. So excited to watch that team grow.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A few of us, including McPhee, contributed to that interminable Poutine thread. Could be one of the longest on HF. Never understood why he and others moved to another forum, which was much smaller.

As someone who made that move to the other, much smaller forum, it was a very good move, at the time.

This Forum had taken a pretty major turn, and the volume of posts had gone way up, while the quality of posts had gone way down.

The Habs Forum got absolutely flooded with the "hot take" army, and soon every any any topic was pretty much derailed by people who thought the "character" they were playing was more important than the content of the posts.

This place became about "personalities" instead of fans discussing the topic, and, to add frustration to this was a complete and total lack of accountability. Fans would make ridiculous claims, and when they were proven wrong, they would never even acknowledge the absurd arguments they had made, they would just pretend it was never said, or worse, they would continue to make the claim, in the mode of Donald Trump, despite the fact everyone new it was nonsense. It became pointless to even have discussions here because these kind of posters tend to make dozens upon dozens of posts in a single thread, parroting nonsense or spewing falsehoods that "fit their character." It was like the whole place turned into the worst aspects of sports radio with people sticking to their "extreme" opinions.

The other thing that rose up here, around that time, was a high volume of posters that had no issue whatsoever posting really adamant opinions on topics they didn't know anything about. That used to be pretty rare, but then it became very common. Just go back and look through major trade threads. "Fans" who clearly only follow the Montreal Canadiens and know very little about players on other teams, would weigh in with obviously incorrect opinions they were adamant about, and you would find yourself literally "arguing" with a person that doesn't understand the topic. These people, and these attitudes, made it a very unpleasant place to discuss the Canadiens, or really anything, to be honest.

Finally, you had small but very vocal contingent that would simply never admit they were wrong, no matter how overwhelming the evidence was. So if a guy's schtick was that Carey Price sucked, he would be silent for a month and a half, but then Carey lets in five goals and gets pulled and this poster pops out to shit-talk him. It was sad, and pathetic, and frankly kind of boring, but it became "a thing" around here.

A lot of this is still here today, and you see it play out time and time again. Go into the thread about the Canadiens acquiring Mike Matheson and you'll find all kinds of people telling you how terrible he is; or the group of people who were adamant that Jonathan Drouin wasn't NHL calibre and won't find another team; there are still tons of people probably reading this very thread who are banging the drum that Brendan Gallagher isn't an NHL player despite him scoring 16-goals last season with less than optimum usage or line mates. The place is still plagued by a lot of this and it was this shift that chased a lot of us out of here and over to "the other Board" where we could not only talk about the Canadiens (and all kinds of other stuff) but we also had threads where we could mock the posts of all of the aforementioned bozos with their hilariously misguided agendas, something we were never allowed to do here.

It wasn't just McPhee, when that other Board happened, there was a big migration of some of the best posters from here and the quality of this Board plummeted at the time.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
@Beendair Donedat

First, it took me years to figure out your user name. When it finally clicked in, I gave myself the world's biggest face palm lol

It's so funny to read this, because I had the exact same experience. I always saw the name and thought of Beer and donair's and never really actually read it. One day, I just happened to look at a post and it clicked all at once and I actually laughed out loud because this was after years!

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad