OT: Post something positive about the poster you're quoting.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Anyone remember McPhee? He was based in Ontario but he used to live on south shore GreenfieldPark, as he said. He was a great fan of Bob Dylan. He said in the medias he liked Ron Reush, a calm tone commentor in contrast with big egos at the time (and still the case today).
During the lockout in 2004, TSN was airing classic games. Really enjoyed chatting with McPhee, good dude. Here's an example, he's talking about the New Year's Eve 1975 Habs vs Red Army game:

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
@Beendair Donedat

First, it took me years to figure out your user name. When it finally clicked in, I gave myself the world's biggest face palm lol

I always enjoy your well thought out posts. I've learnt a lot from you over the years.
Thank you sir!

That post made my day. I don’t know if my posts are always well thought out, but I certainly appreciate the kind words from a greatly respected poster like yourself. Means an awful lot.

The username comes from an old buddy of mine, a tough as nails French Acadian from northern New Brunswick. Not far from
Rivière du Loup. I grew up in the Maritimes, and played with this guy in Juniors. He’d always have a story about every town we’d travel to play in, and with his thick accent into English it came out as he’d “Beendair Donedat.”

It worked both ways though, he’d crucify me when I spoke French. He once said to me that “when I curse in French it’s like wiping your ass with silk…. But when you do it, it’s like listening to two dogs procreating (for a lack of a better term) and added that I was his favourite mangeur du merde. A great compliment to be sure hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: Leto and Habs10Habs

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Don't think I have seen the award winner for positivity , @Sbah mentioned. And he was so respected people didn't even take shots at him for seeing the glass half full all the time.

At risk of being sentimental, it's amazing at how many really solid posters there are here, and so many that are no longer here. Since this thread started I have found myself saying " oh yeah that poster , he's gone " so many times. For the odd one somebody can explain, for most they are just gone.

Cheers to all of you and let's hoist one up for those unnamed ones who add to the tapestry of this Board , and to those that are gone but not forgotten.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
For their dedication to keeping this site informed with prospect and AHL news @montreal and @Adam Michaels deserve a big shout out as does @Runner77 for his legendary game day threads and for being a unifying voice of reason when things get hot around here.

There are many others but these three along with McPhee who is greatly missed are the first one's to go up on my Mount Rushmore.

I have disagreed with everyone here except McPhee but he is the GOAT lol. Even though we disagree and with some more vehemently than others all four of these posters have displayed intelligence, humility and honesty which is pretty much all that I ask for.

Last edited:

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
For their dedication to keeping this site informed with prospect and AHL news @montreal and @Adam Michaels deserve a big shout out as does @Runner77 for his legendary game day threads and for being a unifying voice of reason when things get hot around here.

There are many others but these three along with @McPhees Moustache who is greatly missed are the first one's to go up on my Mount Rushmore.

I have disagreed with everyone here except MM but he is the GOAT lol. Even though we disagree and with some more vehemently than others all four of these posters have displayed intelligence, humility and honesty which is pretty much all that I ask for.
I haven’t agreed with any of your posts. And they’re so long I need ChatGPT to summarize them for me.

But other than that, I think you’re cool.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Anyone remember McPhee? He was based in Ontario but he used to live on south shore GreenfieldPark, as he said. He was a great fan of Bob Dylan. He said in the medias he liked Ron Reush, a calm tone commentor in contrast with big egos at the time (and still the case today).

Today I like the posts of Habs Halifax, Dinodebino, BehindThe Times, Vachon23, 417, others I can't remember right now. These posters don't agree often with me but I don't care, my life and my opinions are my own. Be seing you!
A few of us, including McPhee, contributed to that interminable Poutine thread. Could be one of the longest on HF. Never understood why he and others moved to another forum, which was much smaller.

Vlad the impaler wasn't a Habs fan, but he posted here alot and he probably had the most memorable avatar ever.

Anyone remember TheDamned lmao.
I remember Vlad, and vaguely recollect TheDamned. I've been around a couple decades, under various Expat iterations, starting with Japan.

Last edited:

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Vlad was the most intelligent guy on this board, by a mile. He wasn't buying the bs narrative at that time and he was right, Habs didn't won anything except winning vs Bruins in PO. I had few private messages with him, he adviced me about a race of cat and by luck a friend of a friend gave me for free that race of cat. I had that cat for 14 happy years, the best cat I could have, rip that gracious lady. If I remember, his avatar was Miroslan Satan with some devil red horns, that develish smile, not sure if it was animated.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
A few of us, including McPhee, contributed to that interminable Poutine thread. Could be one of the longest on HF. Never understood why he and others moved to another forum, which was much smaller.

I remember Vlad, and vaguely recollect TheDamned. I've been around a couple decades, under various Expat iterations, starting with Japan.

Because a bunch of mcphee’s pals were ousted!

Vlad was the most intelligent guy on this board, by a mile. He wasn't buying the bs narrative at that time and he was right, Habs didn't won anything except winning vs Bruins in PO. I had few private messages with him, he adviced me about a race of cat and by luck a friend of a friend gave me for free that race of cat. I had that cat for 14 happy years, the best cat I could have, rip that gracious lady. If I remember, his avatar was Miroslan Satan with some devil red horns, that develish smile, not sure if it was animated.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
sounds like the plot to Brokeback Mountain 2, Electric Boogaloo

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Little known fact. The preztel on duffmans hat in my avatar is a prized mcphee pretzel he found in a bag many years back.
@Darz

One of the true OG Moderators here on the Habs board. Your knowledge and sense of humour are missed here on the Habs board. So it's good to see that you're making appearances from time to time. Your iconic profile picture is one of my favourites.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
We are talking about toilets
here's my chance to join this thread
@HabsWhiteKnightLOL

First off, your username is f***ing hilarious lol

I might not agree with all your posts. I will admit though, that once you've posted in a thread. That thread becomes a lot more interesting.

Also one day, I'll have to get you to teach me some of your sports gambling secrets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad