OT: Post something positive about the poster you're quoting.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I'm leaving in 20 days for Thailand, how's the toilet situation down there? Do I need to carry a wet ones and a zip lock?

It varies from very nice and modern, all the way to squatting+very dirty.

Where are you going in Thailand (spent a year there total)

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
It varies from very nice and modern, all the way to squatting+very dirty.

Where are you going in Thailand (spent a year there total)
Going to tour the country to train Muay thai for 30 days. Bangkok, chiang mai, Mae Hong son, krabi and Koh samui planned, not sure about other spots.

Be careful with women there ! You could have some surprise..
What do you mean be careful? YOLO as the kids say.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Going to tour the country to train Muay thai for 30 days. Bangkok, chiang mai, Mae Hong son, krabi and Koh samui planned, not sure about other spots.

What do you mean be careful? YOLO as the kids say.

Yeah depending where you train you might meet the stink boxes haha.
Can't wait to go back. Thailand is a blast.

From Samui, recommend going to Phanghan...not for the moon parties visit the interior of the island, lots more interesting and unique.

Imgoingtowork

Apr 15, 2024
Europe

From Samui, recommend going to Phanghan...not for the moon parties visit the interior of the island, lots more interesting and unique.

Montreal is prolonged in the NHL and most cup winners.

England is blast in other things.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Yes I already plan to day trip to either or/and Pha Ngan and Phi Phi from Samui and Krabi. I am interested in a fight or two while I'm there and I heard the fight scene is good on Samui from my coaches so I'll be staying there a week and I think there's not that much to see since it's a smallish island so Pha Ngan is probably a must.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ToNedOuT

Apr 22, 2004
Victoria BC
I didn’t see anyone mention @montreal. I’ve been on these boards mostly as a lurker since the early 2000’s and montreal has provided soooooo much content and insight on our prospects over the years. He’s been a big contributor to this board and love the even keeled posts.

I’ve seen @417 mentioned, he’s another og and level headed poster. Spitting facts and backing them up for years. What was your name before? Road to 417?

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Yes I already plan to day trip to either or/and Pha Ngan and Phi Phi from Samui and Krabi. I am interested in a fight or two while I'm there and I heard the fight scene is good on Samui from my coaches so I'll be staying there a week and I think there's not that much to see since it's a smallish island so Pha Ngan is probably a must.
Yep Samui is real real on the fighting scene.

Phi Phi I wouldn't bother, super commercial, Thailand of the 1980s, not the best area.

From Krabi you can go to Lanta.

Reactions: Mrb1p

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I didn’t see anyone mention @montreal. I’ve been on these boards mostly as a lurker since the early 2000’s and montreal has provided soooooo much content and insight on our prospects over the years. He’s been a big contributor to this board and love the even keeled posts.

I’ve seen @417 mentioned, he’s another og and level headed poster. Spitting facts and backing them up for years. What was your name before? Road to 417?
Once upon a time…appeeciate the shout my man!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I'm leaving in 20 days for Thailand, how's the toilet situation down there? Do I need to carry a wet ones and a zip lock?
Hotels and whatnot are totally fine. Western style. Public can be... Hit or miss. Don't be afraid to use the hose thing by the toilet - they're shockingly accurate. Don't flush toilet paper.

All in all, nothing to worry!

Reactions: Mrb1p

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
@dinodebino

I enjoy the fact that your posts can go from being serious and well informed. Too hilarious in the matter of seconds. You're definitely on my short list of "must read" posters.

Oh and a bonus, because of you. I bought my first bidet about 3 months ago. I've never been happier lol Thank you brother. :)
Yassssss!!!!!! One of us, one of us, one of us!!!! Welcome to the party, pal!

And thanks for the good words. Life is too short to not have a good laugh on hockey and this forum once in a while!

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Hotels and whatnot are totally fine. Western style. Public can be... Hit or miss. Don't be afraid to use the hose thing by the toilet - they're shockingly accurate. Don't flush toilet paper.

All in all, nothing to worry!

Sometimes theres also the small empty bucket next to the big water bucket.

Yeah, I held it in that day. Friend with the flux didn't use his right hand to eat after that.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Anybody remember Blind Gaurdien?

Probably the most level headed poster I've ever seen around here who didn't retaliate with name calling or trying to bring someone down.

It's been so many years since I heard of him but he was a mod at one point.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Anybody remember Blind Gaurdien?

Probably the most level headed poster I've ever seen around here who didn't retaliate with name calling or trying to bring someone down.

It's been so many years since I heard of him but he was a mod at one point.
BG was a great mod and like you mentioned. Probably the most level headed poster I've chatted with here on HFB. For those that don't know him. He's like the anti- @Habs lol

I'm not sure what happened to him. But I miss having him around.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
@417

A knowledgible poster, a great debator, who contributes a lot to our board. It's too bad that you turned down my past invite to be a moderator. I think you would have made a great one.
Appreciate you too my man 🙏🏾.

As for the moderating…with great power, comes great responsibility they say lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs10Habs

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Anyone remember McPhee? He was based in Ontario but he used to live on south shore GreenfieldPark, as he said. He was a great fan of Bob Dylan. He said in the medias he liked Ron Reush, a calm tone commentor in contrast with big egos at the time (and still the case today).

Today I like the posts of Habs Halifax, Dinodebino, BehindThe Times, Vachon23, 417, others I can't remember right now. These posters don't agree often with me but I don't care, my life and my opinions are my own. Be seing you!

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Anyone remember McPhee? He was based in Ontario but he used to live on south shore GreenfieldPark, as he said. He was a great fan of Bob Dylan. He said in the medias he liked Ron Reush, a calm tone commentor in contrast with big egos at the time (and still the case today).

Today I like the posts of Habs Halifax, Dinodebino, BehindThe Times, Vachon23, 417, others I can't remember right now. These posters don't agree often with me but I don't care, my life and my opinions are my own. Be seing you!
McPhee is probably my favourite poster of all time. Knowledgible, funny and just an all around great guy. I miss the old Bastidge.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4