Line Combos: Post-preseason lines, who makes the cut?

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
I came here to say that this is how the line up should look like. Roy need more time in the AHL. He was invisible. Was he worst then newhook or anderson? not by much, but unlike the other two, you can really help him improve by getting 1st line ice time in the AHL...

MSL wont break the 1st line for the few games, so i think the 2nd line will be
Slaf - suzuki - CC
Armia - dach - newhook
Heineman - Dvo - Kapanen
Gally - Evans - Anderson
Wooof. We are *almost* back to the famous “we have four 4th lines”. I’d say three of our lines qualify for that assessment.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He didn't f*** up his preseason enough to be waived anyhow. This was the worst preseason I've ever watched in 20+ years of being a Habs fan, but it's not on Anderson or Gallagher. It's all on MSL and the coaching staff we have imho. It will show on Wednesday.
Too bad I’m not just talking about preseason. Anderson has been trash for years. He just cemented his legacy by watching Laine get targeted and doing nothing.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Too bad I’m not just talking about preseason. Anderson has been trash for years. He just cemented his legacy by watching Laine get targeted and doing nothing.
Yeah, but he's not the only one who did absolutely nothing. There's something about this preseason that can't just pass without a bad smell. The hiring of Grillo, the team playing like they don't give a f***...

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Wooof. We are *almost* back to the famous “we have four 4th lines”. I’d say three of our lines qualify for that assessment.
Indeed. that is why you need to spit the 1st and do two pair of offensive players. On top of splitting the offense on multiple line you can audition players for the top 6. Bottom line tho, this is far from a contending group. too much deadwood.

KH and Gorton said multiple time that summer 2025 is the one where they need to make UFA move. This season in to burn an extra year on bad contracts, for current player to show what they have so that when next summer come, they can make calculated moves.

Reactions: austin316

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Indeed. that is why you need to spit the 1st and do two pair of offensive players. On top of splitting the offense on multiple line you can audition players for the top 6. Bottom line tho, this is far from a contending group. too much deadwood.

KH and Gorton said multiple time that summer 2025 is the one where they need to make UFA move. This season in to burn an extra year on bad contracts, for current player to show what they have so that when next summer come, they can make calculated moves.
But… but… sigh.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
But… but… sigh.
lol... I know. I feel the same and it took me a moment or two to re-center on what is needed for the team: development.

I was also pretty excited when Laine landed here... I though the team had a real chance to do complete for the playoff, but that was the adrenaline and the romantic version of this team. Even with Laine, the bottom 6 is meh and you're one top4 RD short to be a decent team.

Reactions: The Real Timo

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016

And how do we split it? Make it a big and painful to play against second line?
Newhook - suzuki - CC
Slaf - Dach - Armia
Heineman - Dvo - Kapanen
Gally - Evans - Anderson

Any other option we see? Go full youth audition mode,
Kapanen - suzuki - CC
Slaf- Dach - Roy
Newhook - Dvo - Armia
Gally - Evans - Anderson

Any other option?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah, they are going to re-sign Evans and Savard. Maybe even Dvorak.

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovský
Dach - Newhook - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Armia
Barré-Boulet - Dvorak - Anderson
Harvey-Pinard, Pezzetta

Hutson - Barron
Guhle - Savard
Matheson - Mailloux
Xhekaj, Struble

Montembeault - Primeau

PP 1
Dach - Matheson

PP 2
Gallagher - Newhook - Roy
Barron - Hutson

PK 1
Evans - Armia
Matheson - Mailloux

PK 2
Dvorak - Anderson
Guhle - Savard

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Dach - Newhook - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Armia
Barré-Boulet - Dvorak - Anderson
Harvey-Pinard, Pezzetta

Hutson - Barron
Guhle - Savard
Matheson - Mailloux
Xhekaj, Struble

Montembeault - Primeau

PP 1
Dach - Matheson

PP 2
Gallagher - Newhook - Roy
Barron - Hutson

PK 1
Evans - Armia
Matheson - Mailloux

PK 2
Dvorak - Anderson
Guhle - Savard

3QCY.gif

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
What is our complete list of players who looked good in preseason?

I feel like almost everyone on our team left a lot to be desired

Obviously Hutson was good but everyone knew he would be, I was hoping he would help the PP more

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
What is our complete list of players who looked good in preseason?

I feel like almost everyone on our team left a lot to be desired

Obviously Hutson was good but everyone knew he would be, I was hoping he would help the PP more

This whole camp was weird after those first two games.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Camp doesn't mean anything, but he needs to show something day 1 of the season.
Thread is called post-preseason lines. Roy is easily behind guys like Kapanen, Heineman, Barre-Boulet right now for me as well, I literally don’t see any upside so at least we agree he needs to start showing something, anything at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad