Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I think the plan with Hyde should be let him keep waiting and seeing, and then if the safeties we have aren't working by midseason, try pushing hard to see if he wants to make a playoff run then.
I know its unconventional, but I like the idea of making him a coach. That way he keeps up on any adjustments to the defense, develops some chemistry with the new guys and gets to stay in shape practicing with the team.

Then, if we need help on the field and he's in good shape from being in practice and running drills with the team, he's ready to jump in for the playoff run if he wants (and we need him).

Reactions: kirby11

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
This was one of the main things I was hoping for from the Diggs trade - for Allen to feel more empowered to lead. Diggs was already a veteran and well established NFL player when he was traded to Buffalo and became the main leader on offense pretty quickly.

Allen has definitely grown as a leader in his time with Diggs but I still don’t know if he was ever like 100% the leader on offense. He was a main leader for sure. I just think Diggs may have felt like he still had some seniority over Allen.

Now Allen is 100% the leader. This is his offense, no questions.

I think the Diggs trade was made in part to empower him more as a leader and it sounds like he’s stepping up so far.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
It would suck having to put all that stuff on your face every day, then take it all off every night.

I also couldn’t imagine wearing all that stuff on my face in this summer heat. I’d probably end up looking like a box of melting crayons. lol
I don't understand the desire to look like that - it just seems like societally accepted body dysmorphic disorder.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I guess it's time to shift back to football
Fisher next week!

I hope Josh uses this National media thing about him being "reckless" is holding them back for motivation

What about the windows of the Dolphins & Jets, why is it always the Bills ?

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Chris Brown is fine.

But man - between Van Miller, Ted Darling, and Rick Jeanneret, Buffalo was really spoiled with the best for a very long time. We didn't know how good we had it.
Props to Murphy as well. I always felt he had a great balance and brought the excitement when it needed, and after years of calling the Drought years of the Bills, I'm so happy he was able to have a few years calling one of the best teams of the league.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Murph seems like a great guy, but I think he left a lot to be desired with his play-by-play. I could never tell what exactly was happening on any given play. He was not very descriptive. Don't know if Brown will be much better. Would be nice to have someone who cut their teeth doing actual play-by-play instead of former radio and TV News hosts.

Would nice for the Sabres as well. If I hear "THAT. WAS. MAGIC!" one more time....

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Aiyuk back up for trade. I'd say when it becomes public the player asks for a trade, never bodes well for thier value. I know I know, limited cap room and who needs an alpha in the WR room.

That all being said, I wonder who snags him and has the cap room to do it. Is he worth a 2025 1st rounder?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Aiyuk back up for trade. I'd say when it becomes public the player asks for a trade, never bodes well for thier value. I know I know, limited cap room and who needs an alpha in the WR room.

That all being said, I wonder who snags him and has the cap room to do it. Is he worth a 2025 1st rounder?
I'm not 100% sold that Aiyuk is a legit #1 WR. In SF, the ball goes to Deebo, Kittle and CMac a whole hell of a lot and defenses need to pick their poison. We've got the Great Value version of Kittle in Kincaid and of Cmac in Cook.

I'm not sure what Aiyuk would do when double-covered a lot more than he is/was........

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I'm not 100% sold that Aiyuk is a legit #1 WR. In SF, the ball goes to Deebo, Kittle and CMac a whole hell of a lot and defenses need to pick their poison. We've got the Great Value version of Kittle in Kincaid and of Cmac in Cook.

I'm not sure what Aiyuk would do when double-covered a lot more than he is/was........

Yeah. He would certainly get a ton of attention whever he goes. If anything it will open things up for the other receivers/TE's a bit.

The jabroni's on wgr gas him up so much, pushing the narrative that with a better QB than Purdy he is a 1500 yard + guy.

It's middle of July and I'm looking for content to discuss. :D

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The issue isn't the trade compensation.

The first issue is that the Bills would have to get to the point where they have $14M in cap space (today they have in the $7-10M range depending on what website you go by). Then they would need to give Aiyuk a monster contract that would create issues into the future.

Given that they are in the Josh Allen big money era, I doubt you see them go after a big money WR like Aiyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad