Possible Trade Ideas Volume Ocho

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
From TSN:

Understanding The Business

John Vogl of the Buffalo News reports that Thomas Vanek wants to stay with Sabres, but would understand if he gets moved before the deadline.

"Every year you think about that, but obviously this year probably more than any other year because of the position we're in and one year left on my contract," Vanek said. "Obviously, you think about it, but at the same time it's part of the business. If it happens, it happens, and we'll move on

Just salivating at the idea of a Parise - Koivu - Vanek top line.......

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Granlund + 2nd?

They would need someone to replace Vanek goal scoring so probably Zucker.

We would also need to 'dump' some salary back on Buffalo like Heatley or Bouchard, both of whom have zero value to take back.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Wouldn't touch Clowe with a ten foot pole. Makes no sense to me. A 30 year old winger who is not a sniper by any means and basically fits nowhere on our team. Not to mention that he apparently wants $5Mil a year as an extention.. NO thank you.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
They would need someone to replace Vanek goal scoring so probably Zucker.

We would also need to 'dump' some salary back on Buffalo like Heatley or Bouchard, both of whom have zero value to take back.

Buffalo is entering full rebuild mode...Just heard that Pominville has waived his NTC and submitted a list of teams.

So, it wouldn't necessarily mean a scorer would have to replace Vanek in this deal. Maybe a top flight prospect like FBJ along with a nice draft pick would suffice. If the plan is to buy out Heatley, we wouldn't need to send salary back.

Plus, just gotta throw this in here, but Vanek still lives in Minneapolis during the off-season. Not sayin', just sayin'.

Last edited:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Absolutely. Team's not close enough to gut the system yet.

You dont think adding Vanek would make the Wild "close enough"?

2013-2014 Line Combo

Parise - Koivu - Vanek
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson - Brodziak - Coyle
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Damn!!! Excuse me while I go take a cold shower.....

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
You dont think adding Vanek would make the Wild "close enough"?

2013-2014 Line Combo

Parise - Koivu - Vanek
Zucker - Cullen - Setoguchi
Larsson - Brodziak - Coyle
Rupp - Konopka - Mitchell

Damn!!! Excuse me while I go take a cold shower.....

The only bad thing about this is that it makes our window only 2-3 years, or however much longer Cullen has in him. Unless Coyle gets shifted to center(which is possible but unlikely), we would have no second line center after Cullen. Granlund could and should eventually be that guy, but he would likely have to be moved in order to get Vanek. It makes this season's lineup fantastic, and probably next seasons, but uuuuugggghhh beyond that.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
am I the only one not going ape over Clowe?

maybe I just don't understand what he would bring to our club (yes I know who he is)

Would he play 1st line or 3rd. I am all for him replacing Clutterbuck but I can't imagine him being on our 3rd line. So Coyle going to Houston?

and who would we trade? Phillips plus a 2nd?

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Clowe would actually make perfect sense for the 3rd line, and I would like that. However where does Heatley go then, really don't know how this would work out without seeing a trade of course.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Prices are too expensive. 2 2nds for Regehr? 1st and two prospects for Jay?

Last edited:

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
Prices are too expensive. 2 2nds for Regher? 1st and two prospects for Jay?

didn't see the prospects in the trade but that doesn't sound too bad. I wouldn't be happy if the Wild made that deal because we are talking about pretty decent guys in Houston. I think giving up a 1st is high for the Blues looking at where they are currently in the standings, too much can happen still and this is a pretty nice looking draft.

Jay will be better with the blues than he was with Calgary.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
clause in the contract outlining what would happen if St. Louis misses the postseason — in the event the Blues miss, Calgary gets St. Louis’ fourth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft and the first round pick will be deferred to 2014.

and the prospects given up aren't special. So not a bad trade at all for either club

edit - after thinking about it, Calgary did a horrible job on this trade if the blues make the playoffs this year. Horrible

PariseSuterKoivu

Jul 9, 2012
He'd be a very nice fit on the 3rd line with Brodz and Heatley because he can forecheck physically, dig pucks out of the corner, cycle, and has enough passing ability to set up Heatley.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Apparently Clowe is now looking for a 7/8 year contract extension.....yeah good luck with that

Where are you seeing this?

EDIT: Never mind, I see it...IMO, that's the agent talking just trying to get the best deal he can for his client. Clowe ain't gettin' anywhere NEAR a 7 year deal. I could see 4 or 5, and 5 would be pushing it. Personally, I wouldn't go higher than 4 years at $4 million AAV.

Last edited:

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Tonight is exactly the kind of game you need a Ryan Clowe though for, don't like seeing the Wild get pushed around by the bigger Blues team and Bouchard against teams like this just dissapears again. Would still very much like to dump Bouchard for anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad