Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jake Barnes

Apr 25, 2018
Winnipeg
Nashville is 4-5-1 in the last 10 games and the Jets are 6-3-1 in the last 10 games despite the fact the sky is falling on our Board.

And we have two games in hand. So, really, we're one point off the division lead. Plus, it's only a matter of time before Colorado cools off a bit. I expect to pass them sometime around the new year.

Obviously we have some things to clean up on our end, but reading the last couple of GDTs, you'd think we were in the hunt for Hughes.

Reactions: ps241 and Ducky10

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So, after 24 games played this season, we currently are 3 points off of the pace we had last season through 24 games played, yet it seems we are of the mind set this season is well off of last seasons production.

Here is something many probably forgot about last year, we had a stretch of 6 games in December last year where we lost 5 of 6 games and looked like we were headed in a tank.

It was not until January where we really started putting together full 60 min of effort and started imposing our will on other teams.

When is Laviolette being replaced? Clearly can't manage that roster.

One thing for sure is that our fan base has ratcheted up expectations (I am guilty of this too).

Honestly it’s a really tough league and due to the nature of the cap most teams have pretty big holes. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.....teams get hot and cold......players get hot and cold......everyone hates their coach. We all get frustrated at times but it’s a long freakin season and this is suppose to be entertainment isn’t it??

:laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
One thing for sure is that our fan base has ratcheted up expectations (I am guilty of this too).

Honestly it’s a really tough league and due to the nature of the cap most teams have pretty big holes. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.....teams get hot and cold......players get hot and cold......everyone hates their coach. We all get frustrated at times but it’s a long freakin season and this is suppose to be entertainment isn’t it??

:laugh:
Good post PS. I always struggle with all the angst no matter what is happening with the Jets. I firmly believe there is no possible circumstances that will make everyone happy and I'll admit I do have some fun with that at times. For me I love the journey. I love hockey to my very core and we have an NHL team to ride the highs and lows with and I will never stop appreciating this no matter what happens. After that pretty much everything is either a work in progress that will become a positive or is already a positive, and if something doesn't meet my expectations I just adjust my expectations and move on.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Good post PS. I always struggle with all the angst no matter what is happening with the Jets. I firmly believe there is no possible circumstances that will make everyone happy and I'll admit I do have some fun with that at times. For me I love the journey. I love hockey to my very core and we have an NHL team to ride the highs and lows with and I will never stop appreciating this no matter what happens. After that pretty much everything is either a work in progress that will become a positive or is already a positive, and if something doesn't meet my expectations I just adjust my expectations and move on.

Very nicely stated.

The one thing I am wondering is when/if we win our first cup one season who will be the first person to post negative shit?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Very nicely stated.

The one thing I am wondering is when/if we win our first cup one season who will be the first person to post negative ****?
I've thought of this myself and I think the 1st negative comment will be on who Wheeler hands the cup to 1st. But this will be in a close fight with a comment on Maurice being lucky to be carried by such a talented team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well despite having our starter play below average hockey, team defense being inconsistent at best we are still in the top 3 in our division and not far off last years pace.

I'm confident that the team will iron out some of its issues and that Helle will figure it out and go on a hot streak at some point.

Reactions: ps241

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm convinced we now have one of the better 1st/2nd line, one-two punch lineups in the league.
This has been a problem for a while now - great to see we've tackled that issue and can move on.

We can beat any team any given night - I have no doubt about that.
Rolling an excellent, high scoring top 6 will make this team better and more fun to watch.

Is our D, 4th line, and goaltending at their best? - Nope, But it wouldn't be much fun around here if there were zero issues and nothing to work on / discuss / debate.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
We're 6th overall, winning on the road, without Buff, with a 4th line that's starting to gel. Today's amazing comeback is going to pay HUGE dividends in the confidence department. I have a feeling our team is about to get downright beastly!

standings.png

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I checked out the GDT on the Isles board and collected the following tidbits they've posted about our team... from just the first page! I wish some of the Negative Nellies on our board would do the same and realize just how lucky we are...
I enjoy watching the Jets play, loads of talent.
Have to think the Jets are riding high after coming back from 3-0 against the Rags. They're gonna be coming in guns blazing.
Nice to see a good Jets team in NY for a change.
Do we have any one young enough who knows thing or two about that fortnite game? Can you challenge Laine for some ten hour midnight gaming session? No idea how the game works, but anything we can do?
My dad is a jets fan. Was a fan long before I was born, going back to their WHA days. A part of him died when they took away his jets. It’s wonderful that they are back because now we can talk about hockey again - he is actually enthusiastic about the NHL now that he has a team to cheer for. He still hates the coyotes lol
Bailey, our leading scorer, would be 5th on their team in points. Winnipeg is stacked - look at the depth throughout their line up. These are the interesting games to watch. If some of our prospects pan out (big time) we could be somewhat like WPG in a few years - wishful thinking of course.
Ok - so I saw no Buff or Kulikov, those are big breaks and changes the dynamic, but this is still a tough Jets team and look at that top 6 - wow.
That Jets top 6 is envious

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I checked out the GDT on the Isles board and collected the following tidbits they've posted about our team... from just the first page! I wish some of the Negative Nellies on our board would do the same and realize just how lucky we are...
That was the post of the day...

Looking at our losses in November, we got beaten soundly by the Flames and deserved to lose. We lost the lead in the third after "the penalty" and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third at home to Buffalo and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third against Minny and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third to Pittsburgh and the Jets lost.
Just think where we would be if?

The Jets start December off with three road wins and come back to meet St. Louis...maybe we can keep them under 4 and pot another 8 goals again Patrick?
A great time to be a Jets' fan!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
That was the post of the day...

Looking at our losses in November, we got beaten soundly by the Flames and deserved to lose. We lost the lead in the third after "the penalty" and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third at home to Buffalo and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third against Minny and the Jets lost. We lost the lead in the third to Pittsburgh and the Jets lost.
Just think where we would be if?

The Jets start December off with three road wins and come back to meet St. Louis...maybe we can keep them under 4 and pot another 8 goals again Patrick?
A great time to be a Jets' fan!
IMO you can't ever think this way. Good and bad things will happen all season long. There are 82 games, more than enough time to ride out short term variance. 16 teams make the playoffs, and it is extremely rare for a top tier team to miss the playoffs and we are a top tier team. Again IMO it is not if we make the playoffs but who do we play, what is our path and how healthy will we be. Time to stop thinking like an also ran and time to start thinking like a top contender.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Don't look now but the team is on pace to match last seasons point totals in the standings. If the last game and a half is a sing of Helle getting his season on track the team will keep winning the majority of its games.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Not thinking like an also ran I am thinking that a team like the Jets should have more of a killer instinct and home ice advantage is nice to have. These points that we lost could come home to roost at the end of the season but having said that, I agree 100% that health and matchups mean more going into the playoffs.

Reactions: Derfel

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't look now but the team is on pace to match last seasons point totals in the standings. If the last game and a half is a sing of Helle getting his season on track the team will keep winning the majority of its games.
To add to this we are 5th in points%, won 4 in a row and are on pace for 109 points. And best of all Helly looked like last year's Helly:)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
To add to this we are 5th in points%, won 4 in a row and are on pace for 109 points. And best of all Helly looked like last year's Helly:)
Hope your not jinxing it by too much too soon. One game at a time. Helly didn't look bad.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
IMO you can't ever think this way. Good and bad things will happen all season long. There are 82 games, more than enough time to ride out short term variance. 16 teams make the playoffs, and it is extremely rare for a top tier team to miss the playoffs and we are a top tier team. Again IMO it is not if we make the playoffs but who do we play, what is our path and how healthy will we be. Time to stop thinking like an also ran and time to start thinking like a top contender.

Quoted for window shakin', god-forsaken, actual factual truth.

Home ice is nice, of course, but being healthy is critical -- I'd rather see us rest players late with a spot clinched even if it means sliding down a couple spots in 'garbage time'.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I am really liking and appreciating Brendan Tanevs efforts and overall play lately.:popcorn:

One of our best O-zone pressure forwards.

Unbelievable on the PK with the block shots and puck pressure.

And the unique speed he brings which seems to be different than a guy like Ehlers.

Gotta love the guys heart.

A must UFA resign this off season!:thumbu:

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Jets keep gutting out wins. They are able to win games in a variety of different ways. That may put people in fits during the regular season, but come playoffs that's all that counts.

Reactions: JohnStaymoose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad