Positivity Thread II - Now with more Cations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets are in a playoff spot on American Thanksgiving. This is positive.

Laine has his mojo back and is moving up the goal scoring list, now tied for 8th overall
Agreed. Bad periods and games happen. Bottom line is we're 7th overall with 1 or 2 games in hand...

standings.png

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I'd say its a definite positive that we're 7th overall despite not playing our best hockey and Hellebuyck being shaky. If Helle returns to 17/18 form look out.

Also, we have games in hand while holding onto this position. Beats the pants off of barely clinging to the last wildcard spot while the teams below us have games in hand and we're biting our nails about whether we'll be able to hang on and sneak into the playoffs.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I pretty much gave up posting on this forum after last year. Realized a large segment of posters simply don't ever want to have a positive take.

The Jets are pulling off a 6 points in 5 record while firing on about 3 of 6 cylinders. Connor has become a stand alone driver of play. Laine is heating up something magical. Ehlers is playing better now that he's been with chef and wheels. Buff/Trouba/JoMo have all been good. PP and PK have been excellent and good respectively. Backup goalie has done his job. Helle is getting there minus the hiccups. We probably have the youngest most skilled 4th line I can think of, Petan has been excellent, Roslo coming along nicely, Lemieux when not busy shoving his head up his own ass has shown flashes.

It also appears the Jets have found some late round gems who are doing some really nice things with the moose. Appleton, Suess and Griffith are coming along nicely. Berdin as well.

Apparently PoMo's rope and dope routine through the first quarter of the season is still in effect and working beautifully.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Not necessarily a positive per se, but it's a little amusing to look at the goal stats for Winnipeg.

Laine has almost twice as many goals as Scheifele and Connor who in turn have twice as many goals as the next leading scorer (Ehlers).

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Not necessarily a positive per se, but it's a little amusing to look at the goal stats for Winnipeg.

Laine has almost twice as many goals as Scheifele and Connor who in turn have twice as many goals as the next leading scorer (Ehlers).
Laine was third a week ago :D

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Despite what we would all agree is an inconsistent start to the season the Jets rank in the top 10 in the following:

8th - Points% at .636% (104 point pace)
7th - GF/GP at 3.36
9th - GA/GP at 2.77
T-1st - PP% at 30.4%
10th - PK% at 81.6%

When we get on track we will be a very dangerous team.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Despite what we would all agree is an inconsistent start to the season the Jets rank in the top 10 in the following:

8th - Points% at .636% (104 point pace)
7th - GF/GP at 3.36
9th - GA/GP at 2.77
T-1st - PP% at 30.4%
10th - PK% at 81.6%

When we get on track we will be a very dangerous team.

I mean, we've hit the 6 in 5 mark for every segment so far. Two 6 point segments and two 7 point segments. I'd say the results are the opposite of inconsistent.

We're over a quarter into the season. If we stay on that pace, we'd be over 100 points.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I pretty much gave up posting on this forum after last year. Realized a large segment of posters simply don't ever want to have a positive take.

Glad you didn't give up posting on this site. It's always nice to read some positive posts so make sure to continue sharing your point of view.

Jets fans are very passionate about the team which is why comments sometimes come across as negative, particularly after a loss. I think many are simply just frustrated because it seems like the Jets have been underperforming to a certain extent so far this year.

We all remain Jets fans whether they win or lose. We're just hoping they'll start playing up to their potential more consistently. Perhaps last night's game against St. Louis is a sign of good things to come. It sure was fun to watch Laine score 5 goals. Looking forward to seeing him become the superstar that we believed he was when the Jets were lucky enough to draft him.

:jets

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I mean, we've hit the 6 in 5 mark for every segment so far. Two 6 point segments and two 7 point segments. I'd say the results are the opposite of inconsistent.

We're over a quarter into the season. If we stay on that pace, we'd be over 100 points.
I think they have been inconsistent/uneven in performance not results. That is why I like the 6 in 5 concept so much, it flattens out the highs and lows.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nashville is 4-5-1 in the last 10 games and the Jets are 6-3-1 in the last 10 games despite the fact the sky is falling on our Board.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
So, after 24 games played this season, we currently are 3 points off of the pace we had last season through 24 games played, yet it seems we are of the mind set this season is well off of last seasons production.

Here is something many probably forgot about last year, we had a stretch of 6 games in December last year where we lost 5 of 6 games and looked like we were headed in a tank.

It was not until January where we really started putting together full 60 min of effort and started imposing our will on other teams.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Nashville is 4-5-1 in the last 10 games and the Jets are 6-3-1 in the last 10 games despite the fact the sky is falling on our Board.
When is Laviolette being replaced? Clearly can't manage that roster.

Reactions: ps241

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad