Portland Diamond Project picks land for potential MLB team stadium

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Rangers had a retractable roof and cost $1.1 billion. Now Vegas is over $2 billion and will be smaller. The costs of building anything has skyrocketed. St Louis's proposed open air stadium for the Rams was about $1 billion the new Bills Stadium will be $1.7 billion. The new Flames arena is much more than twice the Oilers arena, etc.

Everything I've seen in articles puts the stadium at 1.5 billion. Maybe I haven't kept up with the latest though.

I agree though, costs have gone through the roof in a short time. The Vegas stadium wouldn't have any trouble filling other dates, though. Most of the businesses in Vegas have been saying they need another big venue because they turn things away with no place for them to go as is.

aqib

Feb 13, 2012
Everything I've seen in articles puts the stadium at 1.5 billion. Maybe I haven't kept up with the latest though.

I agree though, costs have gone through the roof in a short time. The Vegas stadium wouldn't have any trouble filling other dates, though. Most of the businesses in Vegas have been saying they need another big venue because they turn things away with no place for them to go as is.

My point wasn't about Vegas specifically just why cities are less enthused about applying for teams. When stadiums cost under a billion and the cost of franchises was lower enabling owners to contribute more it was a lot more plausible for cities to bid.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

Yup, it'll be banged out all year like Allegiant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad