Player Discussion Pontus Holmberg

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He’s a decent fourth line player who can move up if need be due to injuries. Don’t think he’s anything more than that. Not sure why so many had high hopes for him.
I agree he’s a fourth liner, but nit on this team, Berube wants a fourth line with bite and Holmberg doesn’t have enough bite for that job……..

Reactions: jaric1862

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Kampf, Holmberg, Pacioretty, Robertson, Liljegren, Timmins all need to be swapped out for players who fit the mold. Its not that difficult if Tre would get off his ass once and a while.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Kampf, Holmberg, Pacioretty, Robertson, Liljegren, Timmins all need to be swapped out for players who fit the mold. Its not that difficult if Tre would get off his ass once and a while.
Pretty much spot on, Robertson has shown good energy, but produced very little, if there are trades out there for any/all these guys I hope they come fast and furious………

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Kampf, Holmberg, Pacioretty, Robertson, Liljegren, Timmins all need to be swapped out for players who fit the mold. It’s not that difficult if Tre would get off his ass once in a while.
Every team has those players. Robertson would be a worth a shot, but would the Leafs get much back in return?

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Not to say they are the same player, but he is our new Engvall. Will float around our middle 6 for a few years, show flashes of what we think he can be, never do it consistently, then get moved and sign a long term albatross with a team

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I like Holmberg, think theres more there. Unfortunately, his spot on the team is as a Kampf replacement, but I don't see Kampf going anywhere at this point. 4th line has been solid.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Every team has those players. Robertson would be a worth a shot, but would the Leafs get much back in return?
I’m thinking Robertson needs to be in the top six, if not he maybe he should be moved or wait and see what becomes of Marner……….

Reactions: Nineteen67

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’m thinking Robertson needs to be in the top six, if not he maybe he should be moved or wait and see what becomes of Marner……….
He’s been noticeable. Has speed and seems to be working hard.

Going forward I don’t like the idea of having too many small players like hime and Cowan. We’ll see what they do, but they have lots of time with all the bad contracts to figure it out.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
He’s been noticeable. Has speed and seems to be working hard.

Going forward I don’t like the idea of having too many small players like hime and Cowan. We’ll see what they do, but they have lots of time with all the bad contracts to figure it out.
Indeed……

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
I do like Holmberg but he's had a brutal start to the season, no denying that.
I think he's a valuable fourth-liner but doesn't look like he has the offense to be anything more than that. Lorentz-Kampf-Holmberg would be a great fourth line imo, hope we get to see it at some point

Reactions: ACC1224

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He hasn't had the best start, but I'm not ready to write him off yet. He had a good camp, ended last year strong and had a good showing at the World Championships. I think the team is trying to define what his role is going to be as well and he just needs some time to figure it out. We've seen he is an intelligent and defensively responsible player at the very least, and he's not soft despite not being the biggest or strongest dude.

Ideally, Kampf would be off the roster and we could let Holmberg sink or swim with 4C responsibilities full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad