Pontus Holmberg

BackPassChampions

Jun 26, 2015
Has good potential. I’d like for us to continue playing our up and coming players more, and give them real good looks.

I think we have some nice pieces that we can promote rather than constantly trade away.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
If he can be become a kampf-lite player. That’s a huge add for us.

Kampf is probably our best bottom 6 player, and my personal favourite in the bottom 6. Having another version of him would be amazing. 10ish goals 25-35ish points
Kampf is elite (for his job). I don't see Holmberg ever being as good. But Holmberg can probably hit 10 goal mark consistently to make up for the drop off defensively.

I also consider packaging Holmberg high right now for the right depth addition we can all agree on. The right addition usual dont cause any debates. My sight still on one goal only. His rise to depth player make him eligible for meeting criteria in package sellers want.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
koa6vr5gsyw91.jpg

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
His faceoff percentage is a little weak, hopefully that gets better as he gets more experience. But wouldn’t be surprised if he was better on the wing.
But he's really good away from the puck playing centre. That's very hard to replace. He reads the ice very well and get to where he's most needed usually before the play get there

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I never put much stock in a player's first few games, good or bad. Bad players can have hot streaks because they're on a high, and good players can start slow because of the pressure. You never know. The very start to an NHL career typically tells you very little.

But you have to love the good results while it lasts. And a style that coaches love is far more likely to last than just scoring numbers.

Go Holmberg.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I heard he was NHL ready because of his game. Many hope he can replace Kerfoot so we can use him in a trade.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
would love to see him in place of jarnkrok just because I think he can get to those loose pucks better than jarny. But after last night i think out top 6 is going to be stationary.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Holmberg has beat out Robertson and obviously Malgin for the final forward spot. He looks good out their. Legit bottom 6 player.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nice power move to the net on Jarnkrok’s goal.. seeing a bit more offense in his game as he get comfortable. Looking good out there!

I seem to recall him popping the shoulder out and driving on his backhand more than coming out on his forehand, but he's a solid player with growing confidence in his offensive abilities all the time.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I seem to recall him popping the shoulder out and driving on his backhand more than coming out on his forehand, but he's a solid player with growing confidence in his offensive abilities all the time.

Looks like the type of player you want to keep, cheap contract,

However, could he be a player another team would want at the Trade Deadline?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Looks like the type of player you want to keep, cheap contract,

However, could he be a player another team would want at the Trade Deadline?
I can totally understand why rival teams might be asking for a young player that is contributing well at a cheap rate. I'd also want the Leafs to retain him for those very reasons.

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
Iam glad that we have kampf here, Holmberg is with the right teacher
Love his game and he is only getting better with more confidence.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Tiny sample. 2g in 20 games could be a 3 goal scorer or a 10 goal scorer. Maybe the most promising stat for me is that Keefe played him almost 11 minutes last night which means he trusts him and he won't be just crack filler like Anderson. He was the 8th best scorer on his #1 in the league SEL team but led them in goals and points in the playoffs so his development curve might not follow what we are expecting from 15 AHL games. I hope he is around for the balance of the year.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Anyone else think there's some potential offense to be unlocked from his game yet? He just has that level of hockey IQ where he could be that player who always knows where the dangerous spots of the ice are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad