Confirmed with Link: Pominville, 2014 4th to MIN for Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Hate seeing Pommer go, he's been a personal favourite of mine for a while.

But hey, no half-assing the rebuild this time.

If you wanna shake things up, you can't play favourites.

Laista

Apr 21, 2012
Gävle
I follow former Brynäs IF players here this year , Silfverberg in Ottawa, Järnkrok in Detroit and Johan Larsson (Now i Buffalo)

This is a great two-way player with enormous fysics.
Can take a role in any line, he is a teamplayer and great hockeyIQ.
After Nick Backstrom ,Silfverberg and Järnkrok he is possible one of the best players from Brynäs drafted in last 10 years.
I hope he will make a impact.

Duddy

Everyday is
Dec 24, 2005
bittersweet to see another longtime sabre gone, but it's time for a change.

I wish him good luck in Minny.

Let's hope Hackett and Larsson pan out.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I'm just not that happy about banking on projection when moving a player of poms' caliber. Hope I'm looking like a fool in a few years.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
From Corey Pronman at Hockey Prospectus

5. Johan Larsson, Center
2010-11 Ranking: 7th
Date of birth: 07/25/1992
Height: 6'0''
Weight: 198
Shoots: Left
Statistics: 49 GP, 12 G, 36 P, 18:37 ATOI (Bryn�s-SEL)
Acquired: Second round, 56th overall in 2010 by Minnesota

The Good: The SEL rookie of the year had a tremendous breakout campaign, scoring 21 more points than the next best junior-aged scorer. He has above-average puck skills and legit high-end hockey sense. Larsson can be dynamic with his playmaking skills and thinks the game at a really high level. He's also a smart, dependable defensive player who can log tough minutes. Larsson may only be average sized, but he's a fine physical player because of his great compete level. He's versatile and can be effective on the wing and at center.

The Bad: Larsson's skating has improved, but I'd say he's still a tick below average. He also needs to get a lot more strength to play his style of game as he's slightly undersized.

Projection: He could a very good second-line forward.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=1356

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I keep thinking its Jeff Hackett....

Jeff is Matts uncle - kevinoDandC - An FYI of no importance: Matt Hackett's uncle, Jeff, played 14 NHL seasons. Also beat the Amerks in 1990 Calder Cup finals for Springfield.

kevinoDandC - Rookie RW Johan Larsson scored 15-22-37 in 62 games with AHL Aeros this season. 2nd round pick (56th overall) by Wild in 2010. (Sounds like he will be Amerks bound for rest of season - Hackett as well?)

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I'm just not that happy about banking on projection when moving a player of poms' caliber. Hope I'm looking like a fool in a few years.

Yet usually the first thing people clamour for are draft picks....

ATB to Jason Pominville, I'll root for them in the POs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad