Confirmed with Link: Pominville, 2014 4th to MIN for Matt Hackett, Johan Larsson, 2013 1st, 2014 2nd

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Solid return with no pick (kind of what I'd expect)

Amazing if 1st/2nd is included... not sure I believe this (then again, its Darth Regier).

Don't know enough about Larsson - know the player he can be but what are the chances he reaches somewhere close to potential ? Is he an 'A' or a 'C' ?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's hilarious so many wanted RoR a few months ago and don't like adding Larsson.

I guess Larsson isn't Canadian enough.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Grigorenko
Hodgson
Larsson

That's a really strong 3some at C moving forward. Larsson might develop into that type of 3C that SC Cup champs have.

Don't forget Girgensons is still in the mix. Ennis can slide back to wing.

Girgensons-Larsson-Catenacci could be a future 2 way elite checking line.

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
So Larsson sounds good so far.

I have no idea what Hackett is supposed to be like. Do we have comparables? Anderson? Rask? Biron?

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

I have no idea what Hackett is supposed to be like. Do we have comparables? Anderson? Rask? Biron?

The ONLY reason Hackett is not a starter in this league is because the Wild have both Backstrom and Harding.

Hackett is a huge get and makes dealing Miller in the offseason way easier to take.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
LOVE IT

Larsson is a huge "get" for the Sabres. Fills such a big organizational need.

I'm assuming this deal comes along with a 1st or 2nd rounder...

GREAT TRADE DARTH!

Agreed, with any 3+ round picks coming back it's a steal. Otherwise, a pretty fair trade IMO.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

He was the next big thing last year for Minnesota at the midway point. Many of their fans thought he was being groomed to be the starter as soon as 2013-14 when Backstrom's deal expired. Then they re-signed Harding, and he's been just meh this year, with Kuemper catching up to him (they're the same age), thereby making either expendable.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
You mean D'arse?

Yes, I want him fired after the season still.....I've come to the conclusion he can make trades but not architect a team.....One of his problems, imo, is he hangs onto players for too long.....

I will give him credit for some of his trades though...

When it comes to trades he is Darth....

When it come to other GM stuff he is D'arse.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Not getting Coyle or a first makes this deal terrible. Larsson seems kinda "meh" to me as the centerpiece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad