Proposal: Pokka for Mantha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I think it is close in value, but the Red Wings need someone who can play now, is Pokka ready for that top-4 role now? And Mantha is one heck of a prospect, I don't know much about Pokka other than he has scored at a high rate in the AHL.

sgupca

Oct 9, 2008
Halifax, NS
I think it is close in value, but the Red Wings need someone who can play now, is Pokka ready for that top-4 role now? And Mantha is one heck of a prospect, I don't know much about Pokka other than he has scored at a high rate in the AHL.

I love Pokka, and he's NHL ready, but I'd say that Mantha holds more value.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Pass, we have enough defensemen that are his size & build, we don't need anymore. Plus, I have no interest in dealing with the Hawks, but that's just me.

Mantha needs to be one of the players they build the core around, along with Larkin & AA...shouldn't be moved.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Pass, we have enough defensemen that are his size & build, we don't need anymore. Plus, I have no interest in dealing with the Hawks, but that's just me.

Mantha needs to be one of the players they build the core around, along with Larkin & AA...shouldn't be moved.

I totally agree with this one, Should we move Mantha it should be more for a top proven D-man that can help us now not Pokka. Like Shattenkirk or Trouba.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Pokka for Rattie if St. Louis trades Shattenkirk. But then I just remembered both teams are Central rivals.

Mantha's value is higher and Detroit would only move him for a more proven D I would think.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pokka for Rattie if St. Louis trades Shattenkirk. But then I just remembered both teams are Central rivals.

Mantha's value is higher and Detroit would only move him for a more proven D I would think.

Did they reshuffle the teams again and not tell anyone? Detroit plays in the east now. I doubt they'd have any problem dealing with anyone in the central.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

One of your core is going to be a likely 2nd line winger?

:help:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
One of your core is going to be a likely 2nd line winger?

:help:

Go ahead and look up the list of 50 goal scorers in their draft year. If you're too lazy to do that, I'll sum it up for you. No 50 goal scorer in their draft year has ever busted from the CHL I believe it was. The list contains mostly stars and superstars. No, I am not saying Mantha is a surefire star or superstar before you respond with that. I am saying we don't want to give up on Mantha. He has improved his game immensely since being drafted, despite what all the stat watchers will tell you.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Detroit doesn't consider this. Pokka is a solid prospect but Mantha has the potential to be a special player. Whether he reaches that potential is another question but players his size with his skating ability are quite rare.

Add in Detroit already has a severe logjam on D, and have a bunch of D prospects they like in Chowlowski, Saarijarvi, Hicketts, Russo, De Haas and Ouellet and Sproul who are no longer waiver exempt. Pretty easy no.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Mantha holds more value. Still wouldn't trade Pokka to DET and risk him helping with their rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad