Poach 1 Depth Player from a Division Rival

Aug 3, 2010
No stars or star prospects, only career third/fourth liners, bottom-pairing defenders, or clear backup goalies.

Choose one and tell us why it makes your favourite team's lineup better.

For Calgary I might take Rittich (just was a fun guy on the Flames) but better answers are probably Yanni Gourde or Teddy Blueger, or Zach Whitecloud.

Last edited:

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Probably would take Parssinen from Nashville or Faksa from Dallas. Unless Samberg counts as a depth player, but I think Jets fans would dispute that. He’s one of the best #4D in the NHL

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Devils take Rempe, just to remove him from circulation. Not to dress him but to no longer have to dress someone useless because of him.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
In terms of depth players, i'd probably be looking to poach a defenceman for Vancouver. Depth at Forward doesn't really do much, as they already have some of the better "depth" of Bottom-6 Forwards in the league, much less the division.

Not that a bottom-pairing type defenceman would do a lot, as there's some clutter of those types as well, and a real Top-4D is what is actually needed. But it probably wouldn't hurt, if it's the right depth guy.

I'd probably steal Zach Whitecloud from Vegas. Not sure there's a lot of other bottom-pairing D in the division who aren't young/prospects that would really be worth stealing though. Lots of bad depth D all around. Unless we're counting say...Brandt Clarke from LAK due to icetime being fairly bottom-pairingish. He probably falls more under the "young/prospects" umbrella though, making him off limits for this exercise.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
First name to come to mind was Appleton. Feels like hes burned us for years.

From Pacific, not sure. Does Danault count? Gudas maybe?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
My Criteria:
- Must be 25+ OR have 250+ NHL games played
- Must average no more than 15m/game as a FWD or 18m/game as a D
- If, in my estimation, they will end the season with more minutes per game than outlined above, I will disqualify them

From Boston - Trent Frederic
From Buffalo - Jason Zucker
From Detroit - Michael Rasmussen (imo Copp will avg 15+ mins by end of year)
From Florida - Nate Schmidt
From MTL - Jake Evans (Newhook imo will avg 15+ mins by end of year)
From TB - Zemgus Girgensons
From Toronto - Timothy Liljegren

For Ottawa, I take Liljegren. His fanboys overrate him but he would add a lot of stability to our 3rd pair. Evans would fill a big hole on the 4th line, too.

Realistically, though, I just want a good backup. How has Korpi been in Boston?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad