Confirmed with Link: PLD TRADED TO WASHINGTON for Darcy Kuemper

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
LA made Rittich and Talbot look servicable.. Kurmper is a huge upgrade.

Still hoping Campbell gets bought out and he gets the backup job

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
This never won't be a terrible way of looking at trades. Same with looking at who a team drafted with a traded draft pick. Trade a 5th rd pick, you traded a 5th rd pick, not the guy taken with the pick.
I mean it's how you should look at things. The Kings are in a worse position now than they were a year ago. The Kings needed a goalie last year. They still need a goalie. And now they also have 4 assets gone that they could've used to trade for one.

Reactions: GameNight

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It almost feels too good to be true.

Am I dreaming? I had to do a double take when I saw the headline.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You did... its just hard to believe *anyone* could be on board... back to your point re the overall organization.. there is something extremely off about the way things happen within LAK org. Like the 1-3-1 being dictated from above... acquiring PLD in the first place (cough Brisson) - I think its unprecedented that a player that signs an 8 yr deal gets traded after the 1st year.
Mike Richards and Jeff Carter had 12-year deals and got traded before they even started.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
A few good things will come from this.
1. There will be some spicy leaks about whats going on with the Kings from PLD or others about him.
2. Imagine if PLD turns it on in Washington it will make the Vilardi trade even worse lol. It'd be funny if PLD turns it on for sure.
3. Byfield center LETS GO

Reactions: David Lunch

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Its even more than that. Kings had Kuemper in his prime and basically gave him away for free to sign Cal Petersen.
So its Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari, Durzi, Walker, Grans, 2nd round pick, and paying salary retention to Columbus for Provorov all to end up back at square one with Kuemper.
too f***in funny

all i remember about kuemper in LA previously was his penchant for giving up utter backbreakers

if blake tries to spin this as anything other than "i f***ed up, we did what we had to do" i'm gonna be laughing for days

Reactions: Schmooley

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
this is all good but how does blake seriously have a job? I cant imagine any job in the world giving this much leniency to a single asset thats just burning down the organization's money and viability.

How does this guy have a job? absolutely crazy

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
A few good things will come from this.
1. There will be some spicy leaks about whats going on with the Kings from PLD or others about him.
2. Imagine if PLD turns it on in Washington it will make the Vilardi trade even worse lol. It'd be funny if PLD turns it on for sure.
3. Byfield center LETS GO
#3 is a big, big part of this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Close your eyes
Give Blake a hand
I can’t believe PLD’s leaving
Do you understand
Do you feel the same
I can’t believe our 1st isn’t leaving

Is this burning an eternal flame
The greatest power ballad

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
Ah thats right... dry island .. how could I forget.. key to the cups
mike-richards-jeff-carter-drinking-drunk-girls.jpg

DyslexicTom

Jan 1, 2009
this is all good but how does blake seriously have a job? I cant imagine any job in the world giving this much leniency to a single asset thats just burning down the organization's money and viability.

How does this guy have a job? absolutely crazy
Just another Wednesday where someone is shocked to find out that the world is not a meritocracy like everyone wants to believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad