Post-Game Talk: Playoffs? Habs clinch playoff berth.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I TOLD yall Habs were going to make the playoffs. Bergie is here to stay baby! :laugh:

giphy.gif

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I get the team is tired and missing some key players in Price, Weber, Gallagher and Deouin, but the reality is only Gallagher was useful.

Jake Evans deserve more ice time. Guy is stepping up big time.

Did the team not care once they got to ot ?

Imagine what Evans could do with 2 quality wingers:sarcasm:

Reactions: Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Man this feels good for Lehkonen. Hard working, sometimes-ace-shootin' SOB.

He promised us a spot in the playoffs this one time a few years ago while being interviewed on ice being the 1st star... it backfired. The Canes made the playoffs and he had egg on his face.

Then he scores at crunch time last year against the Pens and "gets us into the playoffs" vs. Philly. Game-winner.

Again last night, he "gets us into the playoffs" with a huh... tie-winner playoff enabler goal.

Redemption. :nod:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Reading what Ducharme said, I think that line stays for the playoffs.

KK and Kiddo will be riding the pine to start, unless Danault doesn't recover.

Ducharme will go with an all out experienced squad. And TBH, looking at it from a cool head perspective, I would to the same. At least to start. You got those vets for that precise moment.

And everybody will be well rested. The last time they held a meaningful tactical practice was in...February. Think about that. And after the Covid break, I think they went 3-0, then wheels fell off and the schedule went stupid.

They won't beat the Figs, but they will be more of a challenge that even the Figs are expecting.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Ducharme will go with an all out experienced squad. And TBH, looking at it from a cool head perspective, I would to the same. At least to start. You got those vets for that precise moment.

And everybody will be well rested. The last time they held a meaningful tactical practice was in...February. Think about that.

They aren't winning shit.. they should be using this as an opportunity to give more valuable play-off experience to the young players who will still be here when Danault, Tatar, Weber, Price, Armia and Drouin are all gone over the next couple of seasons.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
They aren't winning shit.. they should be using this as an opportunity to give more valuable play-off experience to the young players who will still be here when Danault, Tatar, Weber, Price, Armia and Drouin are all gone over the next couple of seasons.
It will not happen at the start of the playoffs. No GM or coach in the playoffs would do such a thing...unless you're Serge Savard and Jacques Lemaire.:naughty:

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
And if they do decide to play all of the kids, then I'll applaud both of them.

But I doubt it. At least, from the get go.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You remember the movie "Usual Suspects"? Well, the Habs are limping into the playoffs but don't be fooled. We are pulling a Keyser Soze! lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: Lshap

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
April 2019 Cursed Declaration.

It's okay Lehky, you guys are in now. 4 pts in 6 games against the Rangers four years ago. Let's GO. :cool:

Canadiens notch important wins but still battling for a playoff spot

In an interview on the ice with RDS analyst Marc Denis after scoring the winning goal against the Lightning, forward Artturi Lehkonen brashly declared the Canadiens would win their last two games and make the playoffs.

Later in the dressing room, Lehkonen was more cautious. "I did not know what to say," he said. "We have two games left. We are just going to focus on our part and see what happens."

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It will not happen at the start of the playoffs. No GM or coach in the playoffs would do such a thing...unless you're Serge Savard and Jacques Lemaire.:naughty:

They will only lose faster by thinking washed-out Staal is going to help them.

Which is fine by me!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

And everybody will be well rested. The last time they held a meaningful tactical practice was in...February. Think about that. And after the Covid break, I think they went 3-0, then wheels fell off and the schedule went stupid.

They won't beat the Figs, but they will be more of a challenge that even the Figs are expecting.
From
Arpon Basu’s article in The Athletic this morning:

“We have one game left, we’ll look at the situation for Wednesday, but we should have some time afterwards to recharge the batteries and have consecutive days of practice, which hasn’t happened since Feb. 25,” Ducharme said. “It hasn’t happened once. So we’re going to take advantage of that, for sure. And our players will be coming back. So we’ll be ready when it starts.”

Feb. 25 was Ducharme’s first game as coach of the Canadiens, a 6-3 loss to the Winnipeg Jets. He will have what amounts to a mini-training camp to get this team prepared for the playoffs. He will have healthy bodies. He will have room to breathe. He will have the ability to shape his lineup as he sees fit with no salary cap or recall restrictions to handcuff him.

He will have time and flexibility, something he has not had since landing that dream job as Canadiens coach.

IMHO - With a healthy Price, Weber and Gallagher I expect Habs will take the Leafs rather easily.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
In our case it'll be Keyser Snoozé.

lol. Hope not. If I'm right and we knock out the Leafs, that GIF will go viral for the Habs. Would be sweet. I expect the Habs to be better, just don't know how much better. They have to realize they have nothing to loose and play a little loose

durojean

May 29, 2007
This is how you replace Danault when he prices himself out:

Isn't it a little sad that the team does not seem that much worst without our first line center ? I mean, would Danault really have made a difference in the 2 lost that we got without him ?

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

He promised us a spot in the playoffs this one time a few years ago while being interviewed on ice being the 1st star... it backfired. The Canes made the playoffs and he had egg on his face.

Then he scores at crunch time last year against the Pens and "gets us into the playoffs" vs. Philly. Game-winner.

Again last night, he "gets us into the playoffs" with a huh... tie-winner playoff enabler goal.

He's such an underrated player and will be dynamite in the playoffs again. Works his sack off every game

Reactions: Roadhouse

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Isn't it kind of telling that the three guys who's jobs were in jeopardy work their balls off and get us the point that clinches the playoffs? All three guys sat at one point and came back better.

Reactions: Lshap

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Lehkonen gets so much hate and I never understood why. Sure, he isn’t a top-6 winger, but he’s a solid bottom-6 option that works his ass off, isn’t soft and shows up in the playoffs. A few years ago, when the Rangers eliminated us, other than Radulov, Lehkonen was great in that series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad