Playoff Race Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Babcock may have run his course but saying he's a horrible coach isn't just wrong it's a lie
Babcock is not a horrible coach. He just thought he was a genius coach with the arrogance and stubbornness that goes with that type of narcissism. He wasn’t as good as he thought he was in his alleged legendary mind. He was blessed with some very good teams that gave the appearance he was something he is not.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Ott
Fla
@ NYR
Ana
@ MTL

At minimum that should be 4 wins in the next 5 games. IMO

The most important game in that stretch is also the hardest. Florida.

We should be able to beat up on the others, I agree completely. So if we win 4 of those 5, with one of those wins being the Florida game, then we'll be pretty hard to keep up with for the other bubble teams.

Andersen has been good since his ASG appearance. So my hopes are high.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
That Ottawa game is also at home and they are on the 2nd of a B2B. The Panthers play MTL on Saturday so odds are that we go into the FLA game on Monday tied. Should be fun!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
That Ottawa game is also at home and they are on the 2nd of a B2B. The Panthers play MTL on Saturday so odds are that we go into the FLA game on Monday tied. Should be fun!

Its not that rosy. If they beat Montreal theyre ahead of us. Even if they dont they have the games in hand tiebreaker and we cant look past Ottawa.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Babcock is not a horrible coach. He just thought he was a genius coach with the arrogance and stubbornness that goes with that type of narcissism. He wasn’t as good as he thought he was in his alleged legendary mind. He was blessed with some very good teams that gave the appearance he was something he is not.

Babs had a good team here. The difference is that the best Wings' players did not check out on him. I lost a bit of respect for him after hearing of some of the garbage he pulled after he was fired.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
It's legit so exciting being in a playoff race after the last couple years being "Tampa and Boston are too far to catch, and everyone else sucks too much for us to drop"

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
It's legit so exciting being in a playoff race after the last couple years being "Tampa and Boston are too far to catch, and everyone else sucks too much for us to drop"
I agree and I hope that translates into being a bit more battle tested come playoff time. This team need to learn how to show up with consistency... it's not so much about effort as it is about discipline and routine. If they can do that then they could legitimately get through TB and BOS if they get the goaltending.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I can't remember the last time Toronto played a team who previously played the night before, where as the Leafs would be the rested team.

Next Friday the Leafs are playing the Ducks in Toronto and the next night we play the Canadiens in Montreal.

I bring that up because it will be the third time this season playing Montreal on the 2nd night of a back to back and Montreal will not have played the night before. That's got to be a scheduling quirk right?

Reactions: OddyOh

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
OTT always seems to give us a hard time. We better not be looking past this one, best to come out flying and put them away early. If they **** around and end up not getting two points, all the good vibes from the last two will be gone.

Don't **** up. That is all.
It will be interesting to see how different the Leafs play against Ottawa with Sheldon Keefe, because with Babcock none of their games against them were easy despite the Senators record last year and opening night this year.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
On Feb 1st when Florida returns from their little break, there will be 64 days left in the season. They have 33 games left. 33 games in 64 days. It's going to get really hectic for them. It's going to be a great finish.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Babcock may have run his course but saying he's a horrible coach isn't just wrong it's a lie

He was horrible. So tell me, am I lying?

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: willmma

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
On Feb 1st when Florida returns from their little break, there will be 64 days left in the season. They have 33 games left. 33 games in 64 days. It's going to get really hectic for them. It's going to be a great finish.

We have a breeze of a schedule compared to most teams we're racing against. I think we only have 6 back to backs left while Tampa and Boston have somewhere in the low teens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad