Playoff injuries among the different teams

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
This always seems to come up at some point, and is something I'm always curious about.

Any news yet on what injuries the guys have been playing with?
Mcdavid reportedly played through some sort of unspecifiwd abdominal injury. Draisaitl broke a rib early in the vancouver series and also broke a finger at some point. They were reportedly unsure draisaitl would be able to suit up several times bht he did every game.

• Wow
Reactions: SirJW and D1az

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Mcdavid reportedly played through some sort of unspecifiwd abdominal injury. Draisaitl broke a rib early in the vancouver series and also broke a finger at some point. They were reportedly unsure draisaitl would be able to suit up several times bht he did every game.

Yikes, no wonder McDavid seemed hesitant to shoot. I’d imagine that’s rather painful and possible risks making it worse? Friggin Stamkos traded the remainder of his abdominal wall for a sick slap shot goal that one time, that’s my evidence.

Oh, and weird how Drai managed to dominate on 1 leg last year, but the rib and finger were a bigger hindrance. Nothing to read into, just kinda funny because he was much more visibly hobbled with the leg.

Reactions: SirJW

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
Yikes, no wonder McDavid seemed hesitant to shoot. I’d imagine that’s rather painful and possible risks making it worse? Friggin Stamkos traded the remainder of his abdominal wall for a sick slap shot goal that one time, that’s my evidence.

Oh, and weird how Drai managed to dominate on 1 leg last year, but the rib and finger were a bigger hindrance. Nothing to read into, just kinda funny because he was much more visibly hobbled with the leg.
Broken rib can be pretty debilitating. Especially when you consider hes constantly getting checkednover and over again in the playoffs to the point its gotta be painful any time he gets touched. Broken finger seems like its something more minor you could play through with it maybe affecting your hand control and some pain but rib gots to hurt with all the hits you are taking.

The leg makes hard to move but when teams are checking gim they usually hitting upper body and not the leg. Getting checked in chest with broken rib- id never be tough enough to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad