Playoff Hockey Thread part 2.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The more I watch these playoffs the more I think we would have done some damage with a real coach and a healthy Kulikov.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The more I watch these playoffs the more I think we would have done some damage with a real coach and a healthy Kulikov.

This isn't a year for titans to be sure, at least with the Penguins' injuries. We need a lot of work, but aren't as far away as it may seem.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
When does this start to be considered illegal? The league shouldnt be able to get away with this stuff.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
If you're digging at some 1st amendment argument, never. The NHL isn't the government, it's a private organization.

Yeah, that's right. If they want to put in the contracts that they aren't allowed to swear without incurring a fine, or show their nipples to the media, or make political statements, whatever. It's their league and they can dock pay, suspend players, whatever. These guys are paid entertainers, they sign up to represent the brand.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Interesting how these first amendment discussions never come up when someone gets punished for tampering.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I really want the league to list all words they deem inappropriate or offensive. That would be pretty entertaining to read.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
The different levels of punishment for similar offenses is what I was getting at.

Ah, well that's just the NHL wheel of justice for you. And the fact that star players get a more lenient wheel than everybody else. Plus, it's not like we know exactly what was said on either occasion. It's not like a dirty hit where we can watch the replay ourselves and make an independent judgment.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Ah, well that's just the NHL wheel of justice for you. And the fact that star players get a more lenient wheel than everybody else. Plus, it's not like we know exactly what was said on either occasion.

I assume the worst of the NHL when it comes to normalizing punishment, but I agree that without knowing the circumstances it's entirely conceivable they 'deserved' different punishments. It's like saying two illegal hits should receive the same punishment without seeing the hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad