Playing time - 1:00 PM ET. Did the fans like it?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How is it to visit a game, that has a puck drop at 1:00 PM ET? Sometimes even before.

For Europe it is a good time, we have here 7:00 Pm, so a good Sunday night relax. But what did say the fans in LA? Or Vancouver to this?

Boston has a few 1 PM starts on weekends and holidays and they are quite popular. The early starts make it easier for fans coming from New Hampshire and Maine to get home at a reasonable hour.

Huokaus

Oct 29, 2010
I actually thought just a few days ago that I would love to have some list of these games with earlier start times, so I could really relax and watch a full game. 2AM (7 E.T.) is a bit tough time to start watching, even though I usually am awake a few hours beyond that too.

DuckJazz

Jan 11, 2014
Love 'em as a Finn, but the downside is that quite often the quality of the game isn't as good as an evening game.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
There are 12pm EST games sometimes on Sundays which is 9am for me. I never watch them. Even when I'm awake that's too early for me to feel in the mood for hockey. I'd be in favor of more afternoon games on the week-end though.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
I love it, I'd rather they spread them out throughout the day instead of packing them all into Sunday night

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
For European fans like myself it is a lot more enjoyable than staying up until 3 am to watch your team. I get why they don't have early starts in the week as it just wouldn't sell out and people wouldn't be able to go apart from bank holidays. I would like to see more games start at 6:00pm during the week however. I don't think this would be as big as problem as some would think as it is still a good hour after work.

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
I prefer later games. Americans in general prefer afternoon games no? You don't find many Canadian games at 1PM/3PM.

Baseball works earlier for me. Football works earlier for me. Basketball and hockey don't. Has something to do with being indoors vs outdoors imo.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
I would prefer there be more afternoon games, just to keep a constant stream. Do it like football except backwards.

Most games on at 7, but then bill a 1pm game as the marquee game with like a big matchup, like how NFL does with Sunday and Monday night football. People with access would watch.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
I wish they started games an hour earlier. I feel like they run too late on week nights for most people.

This if games even started 30 mins earlier i'd be fine cause a lot of these 7-7:30 PM start times sometime go to 9:30-10:00. This kinda sucks if you have work or school the next morning.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Outdoor sports (football, baseball, etc.) are fine during the day but I prefer indoor sports to be at night. Not sure why exactly, but hockey is something you typically go to during the evening. When my kids were very small I appreciated an occasional afternoon game since the regular 7/7:30 starts are too late for them.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I love when the Habs or Send play at 1pm in the middle or winter.

The Leafs' constant 7pm start times get tired.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: