Pre-Game Talk: Playing against a team that used to play in a city without a real airport … now they don’t have a real NHL arena

Who would you start in the next two games?

• Total voters

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
1679919836396.png

Things we now know about Marko Dano

- will be a 1st line winger
- will be a 50-70 point player that is a beast on the PP
- will have a higher career high in points than Ladd (63 points)
- by NO means projects to be a 3rd liner
- wouldn't trade him straight up for Drouin
- Drouin has maybe a little more talent than Dano (but not much)
- has waaaay more pure skill than a Gallagher
- Danos iq and skillset is elite
- his vision is top notch
- his skill set is phenomal
- he is a very elusive player with great stick skills and vision
- will have a Marchessault like revival

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I see the kings win again, league doing there best to help of course 5 pps to 2 for the kings nlues went 2 for 2 on PP so mak3s sense why they didn't get many opportunities lolol

Good ok California reffing
They had a massive start, but had to hold on in that one.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Do wins and losses really matter from this point on? As long as the Oilers win 2 or 3 more games this season, they're in the playoffs. They can lose, like, 5 of 8.

I might try Campbell tomorrow (tonight? I live in Japan) and if he does well, I might try him again against Vegas, since the Oilers can't catch Vegas now anyway. A win there might restore his confidence.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Do wins and losses really matter from this point on? As long as the Oilers win 2 or 3 more games this season, they're in the playoffs. They can lose, like, 5 of 8.

I might try Campbell tomorrow (tonight? I live in Japan) and if he does well, I might try him again against Vegas, since the Oilers can't catch Vegas now anyway. A win there might restore his confidence.
I mean it's not a bad plan, see if the bigger spot brings out the goalie in Campbell. Who knows. But this team has beaten Vegas on the 2nd of back to backs this year I believe with Skinner in goal, so it's a tough call.

Correction, Campbell started that game. So I would do it again.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible

I'm fine with playing him tonight and seeing how he does, but if he's playing well it only takes a short break and he's back to playing poorly again, see after the all star break and bye week. We'll see what happens but as it stands, I absolutely do not trust him to perform in the playoffs.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Not sure you want to go into the playoffs with a lack of confidence though. I do agree that we should try get Campbell going, but at the same time we need to play the balancing act of trying to go into the playoffs with confidence.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011

I don't see any point in trying to get Campbell going right now. Skinner has been far and away the better goalie all year, and he has to be the starter come playoff time. I don't want him sitting too long and feeling rusty come playoff time. Give Skinner the games he needs to stay sharp, Campbell can fill in the rest.

Campbell can try and do a hard reset over the summer, and hopefully come back better next year.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
lol How did the Winnipeg/No Airport joke start?

I have no idea....

but I used to live there and for folks that would have looked at the design and permitting----I think ---or was told---there was some massive f*** up where they did not give enough clearance to inspect hvac or some such---millions of dollars and delays as a result.

edit;

found some footage

13413116184_a3327e26a2_b.jpg

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
We really feel locked into 3rd place in the division.

I don't think it matters when you play which goalie but we have to play both.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Out of how many goalies? Or is Campbell dead last
Cal Peterson is last at $22K per save. More than twice as much as 2nd last. Also, Matt Murray (from the Leafs) is 3rd last at over $9K per save.

As an example Linus Ullmark, basically the defacto Vezina winner at this point, is at #60, so it's kind of strange stat.

Good value out of Skinner for the Oilers though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
DCup hunting
lol How did the Winnipeg/No Airport joke start?
Not sure but anybody thats set foot in Winnipeg knows that its essentially a city of the past. Winnipeg was significant in the nation a century ago, not so much now. I couldn't believe whole quadrants of the DT being sleepy derelict old warehouses, abandoned, street after street of them, mothballed, in the DT. Never seen anything like it in Canada. At the time they were hoping to repurpose those to warehouse loft style condos. Not sure how successful that was. Probably some converted to official or unofficial homeless shelters. There was lots of squatting in the warehouse district even at the time

So that the notion that Winnipeg doesn't have an airport perhaps born out of what a primitive City is is. How lost in the past it is.

Anyhoo. I wonder how much the NHL just wants Arizona winning remaining games so that they can exit the Bedard derby. I can't imagine any scenario where the NHL wants the newest star to be playing in Mullet Arena to hardly anybody and on a team who's owner got arrested. But the Murphy's law kind of thinking, I almost assume the shitshow is going to happen. Bedard as a Yote.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad