Players Who Are Less Than Their Resumes?

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
that would be an weird again case to make.

Save Percentage finish (3-6-9-10)
1981-82 NHL .898 (3rd)
1984-85 NHL .884 (10th)
1985-86 NHL .890 (6th)
1992-93 NHL .893 (9th)

Career gsaa: -37
playoff career gsaa: 3.9

Vezina: 1-2-3-3-5-6-6 (is quite solid)
4x cup but 0 Smythe which can be incriminating.

Does a kid looking at the back of an Grant Fuhr hockey card or hockey reference page as any change to overrate him a lot ?

We usually heard these argument that he was more than is resume, with a you need to go look for when he stopped any goal, timing in series of performance...

But 4xcup + 1987 canada cup, is in a sense quite the team success resume

Attachments

• said.PNG
    said.PNG
    411.2 KB · Views: 1

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Marian Hossa is one of these guys.

He has an impressive resume on paper but I never saw him as “the” guy on his team aside from his limited time in Atlanta with Kovalchuk where he never won a playoff series.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My go-to guy for this is Rob Blake. His resume is obviously HHOF-worthy but watching his whole career very closely he wasn't even close to the player his resume suggests.

Then you obviously have Mike Vernon, who ticks a ton of HHOF boxes and somehow got voted in but simply was not a very good goalie for most of his career.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
I think Marian Hossa is one of these guys.

He has an impressive resume on paper but I never saw him as “the” guy on his team aside from his limited time in Atlanta with Kovalchuk where he never won a playoff series.
I think Hossa is the exact opposite of this. Winger that gets judged on his goal/point totals and "no Selke finals" despite probably being the 2-way winger of his generation. On HFBoards, the "Hossa shouldn't be in the HHOF" crowd was very big into the resume counting... as well as the Basketball like analysis of "the" guy... for why they thought he wouldn't get in.

For purposes of this thread, I'm weighing heavily on the individual resume in terms of Awards, Accolades, Point Totals, Point Finishes and less to the Team Accomplishments which I think are a bit lesser in terms of an individual resume.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad